8.10.2015

CarmenClaire Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Raindrops on Roses and Shirley Temple

I feel like cobwebs have started growing on this blog due to the lack of posts. but I'm finally here to make it feel like the owner has not yet died. Just quite tired from work.

Carmen Claire Cosmetics is a local brand which was launched in 2011 I think, if you were a loyal reader, one of my formerly popular posts from when the name of this blog was The Secret Beauty Geek was that  of their Cover Ops Concealer/Corrector Wheel, so I'm no stranger to this brand, but I  haven't bought a product from them since I had other interests and their multiply store was gone. But my mother rediscovered them on Lazada and recommended their lipsticks, to my surprise it was Carmen Claire. Such nostalgia! Like seeing an old friend. Now I'm pretty pleased to try their products after so long.

Far left: Raindrops on Roses, Near Right: Shirley Temple
Price: P305 each

Description:
Ultra-modern and luxuriously smooth, these lipsticks are long-lasting and pack a powerful punch in the color department. Apply, blot, and apply again for chic matte lips, all day long.

Availabity: www.carmenclaire.com/




Any Printed label seems to wear off 5x faster in my hands

Hello Pale Grubby lips!
 I'd recommend putting on lip balm or as Carmen Claire's recommendation, eye cream before applying if you don't have confidence in your lips that it won't emphasize dry peeling skin or flaking.
Wearing Raindrops on Roses
 Raindrops on Roses is a lovely browny pink, very similar to Happy Skin's Under the sheets but true to the name as matte. I love this kind of color that doesn't look made up but looks polished and more on the natural side. It just ties everything together! It flatters a plethora of skin tones.
Wearing Shirley Temple
Shirley Temple is a classic deep red but better for warmer tones, It makes you look sophisticated, not a tacky red at all.

Both lipsticks are very pigmented, but not the smoothest to apply given that they are truly matte. And the characteristic of matte lipsticks is long wearing application. A great find since they're affordable at P305 and you get more than what you pay for in quality.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.