1.24.2015

2014 Favorites: Skin Care

2014 has equally been as good to me in skincare, with new discoveries and trusted loyalty to some products that have been kind to me. This pretty much sums up my skin care routine as well which I rotate from time to time. But my basic routine is pretty much Cleanse, Tone, Moisturize and Treat.



Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil - My Holy grail cleansing oil, removes all makeup thoroughly and quickly for nights and days when I just want to take it all off as quickly as possible, so I use oil for that. It has a nice fragrance and doesn't feel as thick as other cleansing oils I've tried. I'll definitely repurchase a refill in the near future.

Cleansing Research AHA cleanser -  Alpha hydroxy acids from fruits usually help clear up skin with exfoliation which increases skin renewal, This cleanser is packed with that and gives a good refreshed clean feeling as well especially after using cleansing oil. This is recommended for acne prone skin.

Etude House Every month Cleanser in 7 Aloe - I love this line of Etude Cleansers, it is so fun choosing variants, I had Green Tea before but I prefer Aloe more, due to its gel consistency and amazing scent which just relaxes me, I use this usually on mornings.

VMV Hypoallergenics Illuminants Face Body and Hand Lotion - Hyperpigmentation and acne go hand in hand, and to combat that I use this as my moisturizer to help. It has done improvement overtime and I wouldn't mind using this on scars on my body as well. It's quite multipurpose.

VMV Hypoallergenics Superskin 3 Toner Monolaurin + Mandelic Acid - This is a toner which treats acne.

Derma E Scar Gel - I use this to speed up the healing process of acne scars and other injuries on my body as it contains Allantoin which improves wound healing.

Nature Republic Aqua Peeling Gel - I exfoliate about once a week, sometimes with a scrub but I prefer these gommage peeling gels more, It is so interesting to see dead skin just rolling off your face (not a good mental image) however very satisfying to see gunk just get removed. I would repurchase if I can find a seller.

Sunplay Watery Sunscreen - In lieu of the pricey Biore sunscreen, I decided to use a more budget friendly and easily sourced sunscreen which I can just find in department stores. This is quite affordable, no horrid sunscreen smell and has a very thin consistency. This is the consistency which makes me want to put on SPF everyday,

Thanks for reading!  If you have any recommendations for skin care please do share in the comments below~!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.