1.24.2015

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Review

I used to have 10 concealers in my collection, different consistencies, brands and coverage. Now I have narrowed it to 4, but the main ones I use are only really 2, One for blemishes and another for under eye circles. This is one of them, but I use this for blemishes.


Price: P1650 (from online seller) 

Description: 
What it is:A creamy concealer with hydrating, multiaction skincare benefits and light diffusing technology to create a softer, smoother complexion. 

What it does:
Ideal for all skin types, Radiant Creamy Concealer is a multiaction formula that instantly obscures imperfections, blurs the appearance of lines and wrinkles, and hides dark circles and signs of fatigue. Hydrating and luxuriously smooth, it layers lightly for buildable medium-to-full coverage and a natural luminous finish. The multiactive botanical blend hydrates, firms, reduces redness, and strengthens the skin by helping its barrier retain vital moisture. It also delivers antioxidant protection to protect the skin against damaging free radicals. 

Skin becomes visibly smooth, soft, and more even-toned. Mineral tone balancing powder works to optically correct, not mask, imperfections to keep skin looking flawless. A single stroke of Radiant Creamy Concealer keeps the complexion looking fresh and creaseless. It goes on smoothly, blends easily, and stays in place all day. Comfortable and hydrated, skin glows with new radiance over or under foundation and looks beautiful—even when bare. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates 
- Phthalates 

What else you need to know:
This product is crease-proof, long-wearing, dermatologist tested, and non-comodeogenic. It is free of alcohol and fragrance.


From the description above, you may as well check off all the things that make a good concealer,  crease-proof, long wearing, light diffusing with skincare benefits.

There is a reason why the NARS radiant concealer is all raves from beauty gurus.And I decided to give it a try, since I thought my beloved Estee Lauder Double wear concealer disappeared, I quickly searched for  a substitute and decided on this one, which was clearly more pricey, but I took the risk and here we are 6 months later.

The shade I have, Custard, is good for my skin tone NC 20 on first application, but it oxidizes on me from 1-2 shades darker, so it is not an option for me to use it over foundation as there is a clear difference when it oxidizes, but after much research, I found that it is the only shade that NARS has provided that can be suited to my skin,  The lighter one, Vanilla, is pink toned and too light, not an option, so I settled for this one. But if they managed to release a lighter yellow toned one, I would gladly purchase since it is very good.

The oxidizing problem results in me using it only on my blemishes, and a little tip, a darker concealer usually covers blemishes much better. Though not obvious in photos, since I took these before it could oxidize, it does cover dark circles but not give the desired result of brightened under eyes,

I apologize for the unhappy face on photos, I wasn't sad, but I needed a pose that I knew I could do every frame. So this face was simple enough.

In action:



I tend to get more blemishes on the right side of my face, so it usually needs more help. 

The consistency of the concealer is very creamy, and thick, to ensure maximum coverage, and I don't mean thick that it will discourage you, as it does not feel thick on skin, it's quite light on skin, Plus this texture does it good for its ease of blending. It does not set to a "clinging" matte on dry patches and even healing blemishes, so this is a good choice for dry or blemished skin. 

You'll find that the skin care properties is the least interesting feature about it. You'll also find that due to its heavy duty concealing properties, you'll only need such a small quantity, so a little does a long way applies itself here. I tend to use a small dab on my clean hand and apply it directly onto blemishes, I am nothing short of amazed every time.  Plus since there is so much product, (6 mL) I suspect it to last for a year or more with me as I have barely made a dent.

Highly recommended for those looking for a solid high coverage concealer, who deal with blemishes and dry patches or healing dry blemishes, If you have any of these problems and don't want a concealer that will emphasize this, this is a great option for you. 

Thanks for reading!


1 comment :

  1. This looks like it has such a concentrated and creamy consistency! ^ u ^


    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment.