1.22.2015

2014 Favorites: Makeup

Finally back and free to blog, I've recently passed the Pharmacist Licensure Exam and am totally ecstatic to be back to do activities I love, and blogging is one of them. And starting off 2015 with 2014 Favorites.


It's always been hard to choose my favorite things, since variety and diversity of products are so rampant. But after careful consideration and indecisiveness here are my top picks of 2014, in no particular order since they all belong in different categories.


Real Techniques Nic's Picks Collection, easily one my best purchases this year, spending good money on quality brushes is never a bad idea, and has easily made applying makeup much more satisfying, and that means that I'll be purchasing more makeup brushes in the future.

The Balm Nude Tude Palette - My first official Eyeshadow palette and not a disappointment in the least, richly pigmented and wearable colors, And I bought mine for a good price.


Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss me Lippies - I love supporting local brands, though my collection says otherwise ,so I'm so happy that Happy Skin is a home grown brand with great quality products. And their lipsticks, great colors for Filipinas ranging from light pink to tawny mauves and dangerous reds. I believe I'll see myself collecting more and more of their products.

Mary Kay HD Powder - Translucent powder is a must for me, but most of the time they are severely overpriced for such little product, but this is just right, 11 g for P800. It does have some shimmer but a subdued one. I love this for flash photography paired with the MUFE HD Foundation.


The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzer - I have had an aversion for bronzers, but 2014 was the year for cheeks, my collection of bronzers and blushes have considerably increased and I could never be happier.


L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara - I've never cared for mascara until I saw how much of a difference it can make, 2014 was truly a year of new and renewed opinions, This mascara just intensifies what little lashes I have, but I would love a Waterproof version (Which there is) but I have not been able to get a hold of it.

Etude House Face Designing brightener - Loved time and time again, not too shimmery but has a refined glow not a crushed glitter on the face at all!

Jazzy Collection Brow Gel - An inconvenience to dying your hair is needing to match your brows, not all worry about this, but I do since it looks just to unnatural in my eyes, the hair and brow color must be at least in the same color family. So I was on the look for a good brow gel and this local product was quite a pleasant surprise. I'd repurchase again and again!


MUFE HD Foundation - My go to foundation when flash photography is employed. It just makes you look flawless and glowing on camera, A foundation I personally though was over hyped, but it fulfills its promise of being HD on and off camera, Not to mention good riddance to the ghostly pale face on photos.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer - Hype is the first word that comes to mind since almost every Youtuber I subscribe to has featured and loved this product to bits, a little impulse brought me this baby. And yes the Hype is real. High coverage with a creamy and thick consistency, but blendable and does not accentuate dry spots like healing acne. A reliable concealer indeed.

Snoe SABSTANCE Blush - Another local brand which I am getting into. though a bit pricey at times, they spare no expense for quality, this blush is extremely pigmented.Smells pleasant and is packed with tons of skin loving ingredients. Planning to purchase more of the colors in the near future.



2 comments :

  1. Ohh Etude House's Face Designing Brightener is something which I have been pondering about picking up! ^ ^


    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely get it! I love it to bits!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment.