3.06.2015

Special Event Makeup

Last Monday, March 2, 2015, I finally went to my oath taking ceremony to pledge myself as a pharmacist. Such events are rewarding to the parents and the student, whom have worked so hard through the years. But of course, for such a special event, one must look their best, because we only get to say this oath once in our lifetime. This is what I used to do my own makeup that day.



BASE

I moisturized well before applying the Laura Mercier Radiance Primer, which gives subtle glow underneath foundation. I then concealed underneath my eyes with Estee Lauder Double wear Concealer and my blemishes with NARS radiant creamy concealer. And for occasions with flash photography I make sure I use the MUFE HD Foundation, which is fool proof on camera, provides good coverage while feeling weightless as well. Then I set with my Mary Kay Loose Translucent powder and add some glow with Guerlain Meteorites in Blance de Perle. Then I spritzed some Mary Kay finishing spray which is sadly not in the photo, which truly does help to make the makeup last and I recall not feeling any oil on my skin throughout the whole event which lasted a good 6 hours and even till I went home.

CHEEKS

For cheeks I went with my The Balm Argyle Blusher which just gives a beautiful shade of neutral pink on skin paired with the Etude House Face designing brightener in the variant Goddess Face which just gives the most glow, it's almost comparable to the Mary Lou-manizer. Then I contoured with the Happy Skin Feeling Sculptacular Kit. 

EYES

I used ELF's Eye shadow primer to prime the lids and thee I used my usual Nude Tude palette with the color Stand-offish as a wash on the lid, then Sexy in the crease with Sultry as a mediating shade on the lids to give warmth as well and cohesion. Then I applied my Etude Eyeliner and of course mascara and tons of it, it was my initial intention to use falsies but my cheap eyelid glue just did not do the trick. So I am left with simple but defined eyes.

LIPS

A special event is bound to be overflowing with red lips, and I have loved the contrast of the pop out pink of MAC's Chatterbox lipstick and my goldenrod yellow dress. It just brightens the whole look.

I apologize for the above and below photo, my phone's camera is pretty blurry compared to my normal digicam.

Under Artificial Light

Under Artificial Light

Overall,  I can definitely see myself use this makeup again.I'm glad I did my own makeup so I saved money and time overall.


2 comments :

  1. I love how this actually looks natural but has the *oomph* needed for a special event! :)


    www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I've never really liked the overly made up look for any event :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment.