2.25.2015

Long Wearing Makeup

There are days when I go out with makeup on for just an hour, usually just to even out the skin, brows and tinted lip balm, but there are also days when makeup needs to be bullet-proof through out hours of laughing, crying and sweating and maybe even against the forces of nature itself. This is the makeup look I wore for dinner with friends, and I find the products perfect for those long winding events like parties, a dinner or someone's wedding, this makeup can do no wrong.


BASE

The Body Shop Instablur - Not priming is a crime, I useInstablur since it really does have blurring and smoothing effect for makeup to just glide through and it serves as a barrier for makeup to settle into pores.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - A highly acclaimed foundation all over the world for it's long wear against oil and power against fading. Though it may not be the favorite of dry skins, if you have oily skin this will definitely deserve a place on your makeup table

Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer - This concealer is not the like the foundation in the sense that is it does not dry out skin, it does not crease and settle into fine lines and more importantly is water proof, definitely something you'd need when you're going to cry or sudden rain is afoot.

Mary Kay Loose Powder - With the heavy coverage of the ELDW, you wouldn't want to pile on with a pigmented powder, I opted for a translucent one so it also doesn't interfere with the coloring of foundation.

Mary Kay Setting Spray - Hairspray for the makeup which will fight against fading

CHEEKS

The Balm Bahama Mama bronzer - Highly pigmented rich taupy brown to mimic shadows but as this is very pigmented I use so with only a light hand, a tap on the brush and blend seamlessly onto skin. Also doubles as eyeshadow and my brow powder!

Etude House Face Designing Brightener - The highlighter which needs a cult following because it is that good. Need I say more?

The Balm Instain Argyle Blush - Of course this will last, it does say 16 hour wear on the description.

EYES

Jazzy Cooper Eyebrow gel - To tame brow hairs and adjust my brow color to my hair.

Maybelline The Rocket Mascara - Not the waterproof type but has great resistance to water, not to mention the curl it can keep on the lashes!

LIPS
Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss me Lippie in Honeymoon Glow - A beautiful natural lip color which can be built up by stain.

I had a dinner with a few friends but I had places to go before that so I had put on my makeup by 9 am in the morning and took it off by 11:45 in the evening. Nearly 16 hours and it still looked great right before I took it right off, still looked fresh and utterly glowing still. This is definitely the look I'm going for again for looong days.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.