9.17.2014

Etude House Lovely cookie Blusher in #8 Blueberry Pie Review


Price: P348
Available in all Etude House stores


I first got around to seeing lilac blush in action on a makeover video in YouTube, it was a vivid spring look that had red lips and red eyeliner. And the makeup artist said that normal pink or coral blush would make it too vivid so she took out a lilac blush, it was Shu Uemura, by the way.  However since I don't have the cash for that, I went to Etude House and bought a pretty good dupe. Honestly I've never thought that I'd be using this color, it's flat out cool lilac.


But I was surprised to find that it looked so vibrant and fresh on my warm skin. It subtly gives a refreshed almost yet not yet pink. The texture of the blush is smooth yet a tad powdery but nothing too chalky. The rest of the blushes don't pack in much pigment but I quite like that for subtly flushed cheeks.


 But the most interesting point of lilac blush is that it does not emphasize redness. I have always been quite blemish prone around my cheek area, that's why I haven't taken an interest in blushes until only recently Shades of pink have the tendency to emphasize the redness of blemishes rendering your foundation and concealer nearly useless.But a cool purplish shade like this is perfect.But don't expect it to look completely natural, it will be conspicuous that you have some blush on, but that's ok for me.


 Overall I am enjoying this blush, as it is so different from my usual pink, peach and coral blushes. I think you'll be seeing more of these on my MOTD's in the future as it is my current favorite!







No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.