12.24.2015

My Festive Christmas Eve Look




Happy Christmas everyone! Hope your holiday has been well, besides the overtime shifts and the toxic lines at the malls and traffic. I have just been happy that I’ve made it this far and be with my beloved family. It has been a year to be thankful for but I’ll talk more on that on the New Year post.

Our family Christmas parties have always been intimate so I know I shouldn’t have put on too much, but since it is Christmas and I am grateful for any opportunity that allows me to doll myself up silly. Well the party agenda is always a dinner with the family and some Christmas Karaoke, despite that sounding passe I must say that I always enjoy it.


BASE


Radiant camera ready skin is a must for the holiday photos. I prime with the Laura Mercier Radiance Primer and spray the Mary Kay Setting Spray (not in photo unfortunately) and wait for that to dry. Then I use my favorite and handy Makeup For Ever HD Foundation on skin. I have under eye circles so with my handy Happy Skin corrector and Estee Lauder Double Wear Under Eye Concealer and NARS Creamy concealer for the minute blemishes. Set it all with the Mary Kay translucent powder.

CHEEKS



Christmas means sparkle! Again with my the used to death Etude House Face Designing Brightener in Goddess Face. Then I contoured with the Happy Skin Sculptacular palette. And sweeps of the peachy Pink Sugar Summer Nights blush.

EYES



Eyes to mesmerize please, I wanted either a lovely matte mauve eye look or either a gold and brown shimmery look to really bring out the Christmas vibe. So for the latter I went. I used The Balm Nude Tude Palette Colors in Seductive and Sexy on the crease. The result is a beautiful dark burgundy with fine gold shimmer that really give the eyes dimension.

Lined my eyes with Maybelline Hypersharp liner for a sexy feline flick an coats of the Maybelline Falsies Mascara.


LIPS

The day before I was able to get a hold of the Etude House Auto Lip liner in a dark burgundy shade which was perfect for the holiday. It truly gave that Autumn and Holiday vibe. Truly one of the shades that define the season. As a pencil it lasted all night too.


OUTFIT


Outfit for the night was a burgundy velvet top with this sweetheart and slightly oriental neck line with a short black pleated skirt together with these super sparkly gold shoes, which in my opinion can go tacky but these were from my mother really meant to be brought out a crazy special occasion which might be making a comeback soon on New year or not. Accessories are simple with my Anne Klein Watch bracelet which was a gift from my mother. It’s a Black, Gold and Burgundy Christmas this year as much as I’m concerned. Nails are a metallic plum with gold sheen. The shade is called Golden Plum by Caronia.




Merry Christmas everyone no matter where you are and what you're doing I hope you have a happy holiday season!