12.19.2015

My Skin Care Routine 2015


2015 was very kind year to my skin. I had less allergies and less breakouts. I managed to find affordable and new skin care, realized that some things are worth the investment and what was frankly unnecessary. Since my routine has not really changed I don't like to do Skin care routine posts since it is far more taxing and variably more difficult since changing your skin care and seeing results is difficult to document. Sometimes it's not the products, its you. Hormones, stress, lifestyle, so many things go into account. But I'd like to think products merely improve your skin, not completely responsible but they help and at times they help A LOT.


MAKEUP REMOVAL

So my makeup removal starts with cleansing oil. I do admit I like cleansing waters and wipes when I'm lazy but cleansing oil is what really works for me, so I take a pump or two of  my Etude House cleansing oil and remove my makeup. It doesn't cause dryness like other makeup removers and really feels like it's removing everything well. My eyeliner and mascara just slides off.

I'm using the Etude House Cleansing oil at the moment but I recently found a more affordable and just as effective cleanse in the Biore Cleansing oil.

This is the first time for me to feature this product after just ages of sitting on my bathroom shelf, but the Snoe It's Oat K Makeup remover is a cleansing oil that foams up, meaning it's an all in one. However it burns my eyes a bit so I don't use it a lot, only for really really lazy and tired nights.


CLEANSER
I used to have several cleansers as I just loved a new cleanser but the most I reach for are these three. This Shiseido Mineral wash I got from beautymnl.com is just a great whatever cleanser, nothing particularly remarkable but gets things done. Its mild and has no irritating scent so I just like it. I also picked up the Biore Ultra fine foam which is an already dispensed foam cleanser. I love this for again lazy nights.

And I do have a scrub at hand for times my skin is blah, which is the Alba botanica Acne Dote Face and body scrub. It's for my spontaneous breakouts and when my skin is feeling rough. I do have some body breakouts on my back so this comes in handy for that too.



TONER

Ahh toner, I adore my Acne dote deep pore astringent. But when skin is irritated or is peeling from an allergy, I go for the super mild Mamonde Rose water Toner or the VMV Hypoallergenics Superskin toner for oily skin. This isn't something super necessary for everyone but I think I'm accustomed to the practice since it is cleanse-tone-moisturize.

MOISTURIZER

Probably the most expensive portion of my routine is this moisturizer from VMV Hypoallergenics. It's the Re-everything cream which promises a post procedure glow since it is filled with acids to renew the skin giving it anti-aging properties. I personally would repurchase this again and again. Its gentle and very emollient. My skin was going through some problems after running out of my illuminants lotion which was also from VMV hypoallergenics, and it was very pricey so I opted for the next best thing, which was the Re-everything cream, which is practically half in price and is like Illuminants but in lower concentration.

For irritated skin days I opt for the Etude House Moistfull Aloe lotion. It's mild, a bit scented but its runny texture isn't as good at moisturizing as the Re-everything so it's more of a day time light weight moisturizer.


TARGET TREATMENTS

I'm young but I like Eye cream. And since I'm still on the look for a good recommendation for an eye cream, I'm quite contented with my Celeteque Brightening Eye cream. I feel it does have an effect somewhat. But its affordability and accessibility really made me fall for it. I do think I will be investing into more expensive brands in the future but as I am now, I will stick to this. 

The Nivea Lip butter is the BALM. It's very moisturizing and rich, affordable and smells like a piece of heaven depending on the variant you choose of course.  And considering its less than 200 pesos I am in it for the long run.

MASKS AND OTHER TREATMENTS
The occasional sheet mask is a treat, and I usually or habitually go for the Etude House face masks since they face so many variants and I am positive they don't break me out. I don't like going for facials so this is the next best thing.

The Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask is a cult favorite which I use as a clay detox mask once  a week. And the Snoe Awesome poresome polish is my fool proof secret weapon since I love it so much. But it's more for a refining treatment for when your skin feels dull and you want to get it back on track. 

Though not pictured here I do have a gommage peeling treatment which I will be reviewing later. It's not a peel per se but rids the skin of dead skin cells. I really feel it makes the skin more permeable for other products and removes build up of dead skin cells so I use it twice a week.



That's my Skin care routine for 2015, changing very little since the second half of the year. I love skin care but for now I don't feel the need on changing any products. But expect a review from any new remarkable products I get my hands on!

Thanks for reading!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.