12.30.2015

Best Makeup Discoveries of 2015

2015 is ending in approximately a day or two depending on your timezone. And it has been such an eye-opening year filled with such joy, melancholia, despair and hope which is pretty much every year right?

Since I figured that putting in old favorites would be too repetitive and some of you are probably tired of my yapping for my favorite products, I decided to do only new products this year.


In terms of beauty I have been extra determined to finish up my current products. So the influx of new products into my arsenal have been slow. So products from the previous every new addition has been done so with careful judgment and research. So without further ado, here it goes.


Base
Mary Kay Makeup Setting Spray - One of my secrets to keeping makeup lasting all day. Best sprayed before makeup application as a primer in my experience.
Sunkiller Super Lasting Base - The one sunscreen you'll need if you're a greasy mess with your current spf product.
Etude House Face Blur Cream - When my skin needs radiance after just nights of staying up, poor health choices and general dullness, this is what I have on hand.
Happy Skin Eye need a Miracle Correrctor - When your eye concealer just doesn't do you justice anymore, maybe you might give a corrector a try underneath concealer and see a world of difference.
Ettusais BB White Mineral Cream - High SPF, bright skin, and coverage for the scariest secrets, My ultimate lazy day BB cream when skin is looking worse for wear.
Mary Kay HD Powder - My basic translucent powder which I will use to death since I have two more pots.
In2it Powder Foundation - An amazing find for oily-skinned girls. Great oil Control and affordable to boot!




Cheeks
TheBalm Bahama Mama - Face too "round" today? This will be your savior. This is also my current brow powder due to its strong pigment.
Happy Skin Sculptacular Palette - A more subtle day time appropriate contouring option. Easy to carry and practically full-proof.
Etude House Face designing brightener in Goddess Face - The compact is basically destroyed but the highlighter is still alive and kicking and basically gives the most beautiful sheen on skin visible  even from afar.
TheBalm Instain Blush - There's a reason these are top-rated everywhere, and where the only dilemma you'll face is which color you'll be purchasing.
Pinky Sugar HD Blush -  A relatively affordable, high-quality blush which will no doubt be used frequently.


Eyes

Tartlette Palette - A matte palette is essential, versatile and multi-functional and this has been used thoroughly this past year. From brows to liners, crease colors and highlighting!
Maybelline Hypersharp Liner - My first eyeliners that I can finally do flicks with "some" ease.
Maybelline Mascaras - The falsies and Great Lash are my current go-to's for when the weather might turn me into Taylor Swift in her Blank Space Music Video. I love the Rocket for normal I'll be out for a while kind of days.



Lips

Carmen Claire Matte Lipsticks - A local and brilliant little brand brings these high quality, affordable products that have been a mainstay in my makeup bag.
Happy Skin Lippie in Under the Sheets - A no-brainer for constant readers of this blog. Creamy, pigmented and a beautiful warm browny nude. Also a mainstay in my makeup bag and my everyday look.
Etude House Auto Lip Liners - The lip product that snuck up on me this year. Crazy affordable and oh so lovely on lips.



Tools

Soffia Brushes - High quality local made brushes that have really changed my application game.
Charm Perfect Blending Sponge - The sponge that makes me question if one really needs the beauty blender.
Carmen Claire Brushes - Their face brushes are so soft and pick up powders nicely. Both the blush brushes are my favorite to whip out.
Etude House Brush Cleanser - I'm on my third bottle and it's just so quick and effective that I think this was my most repurchased product of the year!