11.27.2015

Makeup to the Pool?

For those who are heading to winter, sorry for the off season summer-y post, but this is one of the few perks of living close to the equator as a tropical country.

Last week my family and I went to the pool after maybe nearly a decade? That long, I swear. I haven't been to the beach in nearly 6 years, I just couldn't find the time, honestly. But yes I did wear makeup. Even though people roll their eyes when someone says they're wearing makeup to the beach, I don't care, I work it when I want to but I keep it on the light side.

This was the look I did. It may seem a tad dramatic for someone who just said they'd be keeping it on the light side. But it only looks like a lot of products because it looks loud. But just because it looks loud doesn't mean it's not light.


Here are the products I used to make this look.


BASE
As you can see no foundation or powder in sight. But a generous amount of sunscreen base is welcomed instead. And a little concealer for those under eye circles. Luckily it was a good skin day. Since this sunscreen was super mattifying I virtually didn't need powder and who needs it when you're going underwater? And the trusty Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer.

EYES
I need something to define my eyes, but I don't need shadows, so waterproof mascara it is! I recently picked up the Maybelline falsies which is pretty good for giving fluttery volumized lashes and just applied generous layers on my very very sad lashes. It got through fairly well through out the day. Truthfully I did put on some eyeliner but it just did not agree with the water so I just took it off halfway.

I also used the waterproof Jazzy Collection eyebrow gel (not pictured) which really stayed on and on and on.

LIPS
Ahh the main focus, MAC's Ruby Woo for the  lips to really make the pout pop. You can always trust the red lip when you want to look put together.

BODY
Can't go to the beach or pool without sunscreen. Can't go anywhere without sunscreen. I've been pretty happy with the Belo Body sun spray since I got it at half price a few months ago. It moisturizes skin well and applies on easily with no irritating smell. So this has been my go-to!


And that is pretty much it and I'm leaving you with a final picture of my feet in the pool with matching mint green nail polish.


Thanks for reading!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.