2.01.2015

Happy Skin Feeling Sculptacular Face Contour Kit Review

My beauty concept first came from Korea, so I was very into that, no blush no bronzer feels, only the minimum: base makeup and lips. But after much coaxing from my favorite YouTube beauty gurus, I changed my focus, and decided last year, it was time for a change. And I've actually started lusting for this product since the summer of last year, but I was putting it off for so long since I convinced myself I didn't need it and it was quite pricey for the amount of product, but here I am now in 2015 and I caved, good reviews from bloggers and numerous features on magazines, Instagram, etc, and I finally gave in.


Price: P1299

Description: Look ten pounds lighter with Happy Skin Feeling Sculptacular Contouring Kit! Featuring an easy-to-blend contour and highlighting powder, this sculpts the face, chisels the nose, and defines the cheeks achieving modelesque perfection. No surgery needed.
Content: Highlighter - 3g + Bronzer - 3g


It comes with a helpful little guide for beginners on what to put where and how much to put it on. The powders are finely milled and very smooth to touch, good pigmentation but not too overpowering which can be intimidating for makeup novices. I tend to use bronzer only under my cheekbones and the sides of my nose  for extra definition. And the highlighter on my nose to make it more prominent as well as under my eyes for a brighter look. 

I have a round face with full cheeks.  I am alright with this, it can look to big on camera. So that's where Contouring and highlighting lend a helping hand. You've probably heard about the purpose of contouring for thousands of times, so no use of me reiterating it here. I'll just show you what it can do hihi.
Face with only base
As you can see, my face is just a round surface. No dimension at all.

Applied lightly on nose bridge and under cheekbones
You can already see the definition with a light application of bronzer. Use according to your skin tone, over do it and you might look like a muddy mess. 

Applied the Highlighter and sculpted my features more
Whoa where did I get those cheekbones and that nose bridge? I must have gotten instant plastic surgery! Or is it the power of makeup? Yes it is girl, yes it is.

Front view of finished face
This kit did not disappoint me, but so far Happy skin has not yet disappointed me overall as I see myself purchasing more and more of their products in the future. Its size is great for travel, the quality of the product is impeccable. Although others have commented on the highlighter being too white which in my case I liked since it looked quite subtle but perhaps we can expect them to broaden their undertones and shades to cater to other complexions in the future?

I'd recommend this to contouring newbies or junkies out there who need a reliable product that's travel friendly. It does exactly what it does, sculpts and highlights but one must remember the golden rule of contouring: BLEND BLEND BLEND, although the formula is easy to blend with a light stroke of a fluffy brush, always remember to double check any clearly rough or sharp edges. 

Overall I find no wrong in this palette except for the fact that the content of the bronzer is too small for me, I tend to use bronzer generously, so I feel that I'll run out of it soon, if they came out with a larger pan of it I'd gladly purchase in a heartbeat! But in the mean time, I wouldn't mind repurchasing this either.

Thank you for reading!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.