10.31.2016

Life Update #2

A once in a blue moon life update has appeared. Not that there's anything that's of note but you might be seeing fewer beauty posts since I've been very into clothes lately. I think I'm trying to figure out my personal style which is honestly a lot of black, navy, white, stripes and denim. I like comfort and I'm currently working out the pieces in my wardrobe so I think most of my purchases will be more on clothes and the occasional beauty purchase. I'm also noticing a few things like my skin slowly getting less oily and becoming more normal. It has become quite a shock and I'm contemplating whether to buy a ton of moisturizing treatments and masks.



And here's a little ramble on body image. I'm not thin but I don't think I'm plus size as well. I'm an in between. And as I'm getting clothes more often now it is extremely frustrating how the Philippines carries a very narrow sizing system and someone of my size (I'm a US 10) is considered XL or L and no other or very few options are offered out there. Even for feet, I've been disappointed by high end brands and mid level brands carrying 9 as the largest size. 3 out of my 5 friends have size 10 feet. Oh the agony for bigger sizes. A fashion designer friend told me that demand is the problem, low demand for these sizes means low production. Hmmm that translates to me as how does one know it has a low demand when one doesn't even make them? Or do we treat plus size women as invisible?

End of ramble. And hopefully look forward for more style and beauty posts in the future.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.