7.30.2016

July Favorites

I have been pretty much away from the blog these past days, mostly because of technical issues and my eyes weren't in their best condition to say the least since I had LASIK last June. And a whole lot of personal issues that have just come crashing down during the course of the month.  But here's the favorite lot this past July.




This month has been more focused on skin care because if you've seen my Manila haul, it has been more on the skincare side of things.

First up are the masks, the Origins Skin Retexturizing mask with Rose Clay has been like a go to mask nearly consecutively this month because I love anything with roses, it has a pleasant fragrance which just really soothes me and I find that it isn't irritating or drying on skin, and I love the feeling of washing it off my face as it has these small gritty clay bits which help exfoliate skin.

The Kiehl's Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque is a mouthful but it does the job, whenever I use this it's as if my skin is renewed and as it says "Energized". My face feels super smooth after every use and it's become one of the perk me up products in my arsenal.

And the Sana Isoflavone Soy Milk Face wash has been strange but good. Strange because it has a very distinct iron-like smell, some may even argue it smells of blood. but the fact that it's a good face wash is not tarnished. It foams up nicely and gives a thorough cleanse on skin. Though it's not particularly dazzling, I find that I like the feel of it.

The Essence Nail Art Express dry drops is something I picked up out of curiosity but I'd never thought it would be so dear to me because I just tend to mess up my freshly painted nails because I couldn't properly estimate the drying time, so the end result is a frustrating cycle of chipped polish before its setting time. But a drop or two of this just speeds it up to a couple of minutes. I know of Seche Vite and the like but never thought much of it but after trying these express drying drops I realize that it may be something worth looking into.

And on to the makeup, the Benefit Hoola bronzer has been something I've been reaching for regularly lately because it has great pigmentation for bronzing and contouring so I tend to blend more or use a lighter hand. And basically I've been seeing this everywhere lately.

And the last item on this list but definitely not the least is the Carmen Claire Matte Lipstick in Terracotta Warrior. I bought this on a whim from LAZADA since it's been on my wish list for ages now and I find myself checking the Carmen Claire site for the swatches. It appeared to be on the browny peachy side but when I tried it, it was more on the coral peach side on my skin tone. And I found that it brightened up my face with its vibrant but understated color. It's not as strong as a red but just enough color to pop out. It was a perfect statement lip for me the past month.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.