5.10.2015

Current Favorite Look: The Ingenue


Ever since I started my job I have had less chances to put on makeup. This is mostly due to the my schedule, mostly graveyard shifts. And even I don't have the will power or vanity to put on makeup during that time since I might fall asleep and when I get home it is ultimately a pain in the ass to remove, I would usually just drop dead on my mattress and snooze the day away. But this is my current favorite look of the moment which I wear if I go to dinner with friends, shopping or church. Inspired from Charlotte Tilbury's The Ingenue look. Sadly I don't have even one item from that brand (though I am lemming to get the film star bronze and glow kit) I have utilized the products available from my arsenal. Here's what I used to achieve this look.

The Ingenue look is a fresh bambi-eyed, blooming fair maiden feel. Just what I wanted to look like though I rarely get proper sleep and nutrition. It's no fuss as it is a simple bright eye; white shimmering cream shadow and mascara with a touch of liner.


BASE
Four things for base, first I primed using the Etude House blur cream, I literally feel no need to use a filter when I put this on. On top is my usual go-to Ettusais BB Cream. Then concealed with the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard. Then set everything with a translucent powder. 

CHEEKS
There was no contouring in the original look, but I personally felt my face need more dimension since it was rounder than the model's face. So I used the Happy Skin Sculptucular kit to add shadows. Then for that lovely blushing look, I used the The balm Instain blush in a bright cool diva pink, Lace.

EYES
Eyebrows are of utmost importance, so I used the Maybelline Fashion brow duo in brown to add shape, but I only used the powder side, and then brushed my brows with the Jazzy France Brow gel, which is a new tube by the way and is outrageously pigmented. 

Eye makeup is a simple dab of the Maybelline Color Tattoo shadows in Beige. It is really a lovely shimmering off white which does not budge through out the day or night. This could also be topped with a shimmering powder eye shadow if you want to intensify the colors. And simple brown liner as close to the lash line as possible. Then I finished with generous amounts of mascara, the one I'm using is the Etude House Waterproof Lash Perm mascara which I honestly hated before but I fully appreciate now.

LIPS
I first used the Happy Skin Lip and Cheek mousse in Swept off my feet but I found it wasn't coming off well in camera. So I put on Mac's Chatterbox lipstick to really have that punch out pink.

Photo courtesy of Charlotte Tilbury Cosmetics
Don't compare me to the beauty of this model (hahaha) as she's way out of my league.
Closer look at the eyes



And that is my current favorite look I'm rocking at the moment or actually for the past month or so. it just makes you look effortlessly fresh and well rested. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful happy Mother's day!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.