5.18.2015

Happy Skin All Eyes On Hue Eyeshadow Palette

If you've read my previous posts, this palette was a gift, so I basically received this on March. I don't post  lot of eye shadow palette reviews, mostly due to the fact that I don't have many of them. I think I only have around 4? But lugging around giant palettes like the UD Naked palette would be such a pain right? So a compact everyday neutral shadow palette like this would be great for the girl on the go!


Price: P1299
Availability: Happy Skin Counters Nationwide
Description:

Their "Look Cheat sheets"


from L-R Oatmeal, Biscuit, Hazelnut, Espresso
The palette comes with four shades, three on the shimmery side, one on the matte side. All are very finely milled and velvety to touch but nonetheless pigmented. 

Oatmeal is a shimmery off white which is fine and lovely on its own on the lids as it gives a light sheen and light. Great for the inner corner as well. In fact , this is my most used shade of the bunch if you see it in it's current form.

Biscuit is a matte pink which is not too pigmented, more like a watercolor effect pink. Quite sheer to give just hints of color on the eyes.

Hazelnut is a nice shimmery warm brown perfect for a more defined look on the eyes.

Espresso is a deep shimmery taupe-y violet.good for the lash lines to add extra definition in lieu of eyeliner.

Bare Lids

Tried the Red Carpet look
Excuse my horrendous brows at the moment. On the photo above I tried the runway look, which uses the shades: Oatmeal, Biscuit and Espresso. Oatmeal gives a nice highlight on the brow bone and the inner corner.
Left (Red Carpet), Right (Date Night)
On the photo above I tried the Date night look which uses a gradient of all the shades, if you'd think it would be too much, it is actually a very subtle eye look. For a more stark look Red carpet is definitely your game.
Date night on your Right
Date night is for a more dainty feel for well, date night. As it just gives definition.Nothing over the top.
Red Carpet on Both eyes

Me trying on the Red Carpet look

Overall this palette preformed well in terms of pigment and longevity without primer. But i would have personally preferred two mattes and two shimmery shades for it to be more versatile but I'm not complaining as shimmer shadows are great for on the go as they won't look too bad even when not blended properly. and by the way the shimmer is very fine, not stark chunks of sparkle and I've experienced little to no fall-out on my part too. But a mirror would have been helpful but since the cheat sheet is plastered in, I guess they wouldn't know where to put it. But the lighter colors are so workable I'd think you could get away with applying it sans miroir

Thanks for reading!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.