4.18.2016

Zoeva Rose Gold Set I Review


As I'm writing this up, I learnt a good friend of mine is selling her brush set on Instagram because of damages on the  handles, this was the same friend who inspired me to buy this set though I have been grossly been putting it off for 2 years.

Price:  ₱ 4,272.00 at Sephora.ph

Description:
Inspired by the dazzling explosion of pink and gold, our ROSE GOLDEN Luxury Set is downright divine. Stored in a sleek, classy clutch, the luxurious brush collection comes with eight essential handcrafted brushes for your everyday makeup routine or looks with extravagance. The kit comes with both, high quality natural hair and synthetic taklon bristles, so it can be used with cream and powder based products.

Designed with a symphony of rose golden ferrules and matte handles in Pantone Black, these luxe makeup brushes are a statement accessory for every beauty lover’s dressing table.

First of all these are just gorgeous on your vanity. They look so luxe and utterly elegant as justified by this photo of a few of them freshly used. And as some of you may know rose gold is in vogue right now, but besides that, they just really do catch the eye as it is different from the usual gold or silver. The ferrules are pretty sturdy and they have a great weight and size to bring around for travel especially if you bring them in the luxe looking leather clutch it came with.


I didn't buy my set at Sephora but I got them back in January from an Instagram seller and I have been using them in the blog in bits and posts here and there but I have never really elaborated on them and I thought it was just the time to get into it. So this might be quite lengthy from the usual post.


(L-R 106 Powder, 102 Silk Finish, 127 Sheer Cheek, 110 Face Shape, 142 Concealer Buffer, 227 Luxe Soft Definer,231 Luxe Petit Crease, 317 Wing Liner)

Face:

106 Powder - This is the large fluffy brush which I use for pretty much anything, powder, bronzer, blush as I find it just diffuses pigment lightly because of how soft it is. I personally don't like using it to set my powder as much because I prefer a more dense brush for the job of pressing powder into my skin. And this is really a more loosely packed brush which I would really would like it in a more compact and smaller version for a more precise application.

102 Silk Finish:  A very soft buffing brush which might be a tad too soft for some but I personally like it for really buffing my foundation without really tugging my face in strange directions, in other words this is like an upgraded Real techniques buffing brush. It's great for powder and liquid.

110 Face Shape: This, I have to say is quite amazing since it started out as a "I really don't know what to do with you" brush. But I watched a video of Lisa Eldridge using this as a foundation brush and then  it clicked, what this meant to do was a really refined application of foundation. It buffs liquid base to a beautiful almost perfected finish with no streaks since it is small and dense really gets into all the strange crevices of my face.

127 Luxe Sheer Cheek: A super soft and lovely brush which I which could buy another one of, since it just dips in to the product so softly and does not give any scratchy feeling in any way shape or form. It does however need to be treated with care when it needs washing unless you want all the beautiful white hair all ruffled. I guess the word sheer really does have a place in its name since it gives a sheer but noticeable touch of color when applying cheek products and I particularly enjoy using this brush for bronzer and contouring.

142 Concealer Buffer: A dense small brush which is the right shape for blending concealer under the eyes but I rarely use it for that since I find it absorbs more product than I'd like. So  I use it more for blending outer edges of eye shadow which it does a great job of. It's not scratchy whatsoever.

Eyes:

227 Luxe Soft Definer: The eye brush that answered my needs in term of just being able to give a soft wash of color on the crease or lid. As always the hairs are so soft but also fine enough to pick up pigment from the shadow. It's definitely one of those brushes that you'll need for  a solid but blended eye look.

231 Luxe Petit Crease: A small eye brush that was meant crease precision or waterline pigment diffusion. I find this really helpful for my crease shadow though to make sure it stays in one place and not all over the eye. But I find that this can go a bit scratchy when you work it in so I don't use it as much as I'd like to.

317 Wing Liner: This brush is a serious eyeliner tool, which I have also said about the Carmen Claire Eye liner brush but this is really from another dimension from that brush as it is capable of actually doing a fine line for a change. The tip is perfect for a really sharp eye and I can really say for the first time, "So this is what an eyeliner brush is." in amazement. I love to use it with deep black or brown shadows for a subtler lined look or sharpening my liquid liner.

So... Should you take the plunge and buy a set for yourself? If you're happy with I'm literally head over heels for this set, not just because they're pretty but the quality just took me to a different plane of makeup application. It make me appreciate more of my products and literally blew my mind, so for the quality alone is worth the buck. I'm really in to investing in tools at the moment since they'll never hit pan and they'll be around for a far more longer time than most of my products. And Zoeva really hit the spot. And now I'm hoping to get other brushes from them in the future! 

They aren't necessarily a necessity but more of an upgrade. They're not a high end brand but produce quality products that can be called high end. If you're happy with your Real Techniques brushes , then that's fine too, I also have a lot of them in my rotation. But if you're in the mood to try some good quality brushes, this is the set to go for.







No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.