7.27.2016

Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette

I must say that I am all too easily influenced by YouTube Beauty gurus, and for a good while now, I’ve been hearing raves about this certain palette. Though not something that gave great clamor in the beauty community, it was apparently a sleeper hit.

It's been a month since I underwent LASIK and I have been forbidden to wear any eye makeup whatsoever, but luckily I have a few photos of me rocking a few shades on my eyes a while back.

Price: P1106
Availability: Sephora

Description:
The ZOEVA Cocoa Blend Palette features a set of 10 warm chocolate shades you can blend to achieve alluring or sultry eye makeup. Each hue delivers a gorgeous shimmery pigment to the eyes, bringing them glamour and elegance.


Benefits
Delivers gorgeous shades enriched with Vitamin E
Free from parabens, mineral oils, perfume and phthalates



The packaging is a lovely sleek chocolate bar-like design which looks classy. Definitely something you'd expect from LORAC holiday palettes.


This palette is definitely neutral with an edge. The combination isn’t exactly eclectic but it isn’t the norm. The colors are so vivid, burnt and smoky, which could be very well describe a cup of coffee. The names of the shades are so endearing as well.



Bitter Start is a matte white which is best used for highlighting the brow bone, inner corners of the eye or as just a plain base color for the eye.
Sweeter End is slightly toned down shimmer champagne shade with a lavender tinge which is a pretty wash on the lids.
Warm Notes is a stand out metallic cranberry shade, which looks so beautiful on the lid and I’d like to think it brings out my brown eyes.
Subtle Blend is a shimmery cocoa shade which is a lovely deep neutral.
Beans are white is quite the oxymoron as it is a matte dark brown, which reminds me of a fresh cup of black coffee.
Pure Ganache is a beautiful light metallic bronzey gold which I am obsessed with.
Substitute for love is a warm matte brown but upon closer look it does contain minute amounts of shimmer particles.
Freshly toasted is a deeper yet still warm brown shade which reminds me of milk chocolate.
Infusion is a dark browney black shade with gold shimmer fleck, quite a dramatic shade.
Delicate Acidity is a metallic deep plum which would look great on brown eyes.



Overall, I love this palette because it’s so lovely in the shade selection, it has enough color to go bold enough for an edgy look or a more modest daytime look. The powder quality is quite good considering the price point though some may kick up a bit more powder than other shades. But the metallics are definitely something of note. The matte shades are pretty mediocre but I am really impressed with Zoeva so far as a brand that is somewhat affordable and is able to deliver good quality made products like this palette.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.