5.14.2015

The Balm Instain Blush in Lace and Argyle

I was never a blush girl, but now I find myself lusting after blushes the most these days, these were my first products from The balm, and I was thoroughly satisfied. 

Price: P895
Availability: Beauty Bar stores
Content: 6.5g

A year ago, I wouldn't even touch blush, here I am now building up my blush wishlist. And if you're doing that as well. this is a great addition to your collection, or any shade or blush from The balm for that matter,

A little background on my skin, I have an oily, warm and pale complexion. I need a blush that can withstand oil and can give a lovely flush. What intrigued me about his blush is the fact that it promises 16 hours on skin. And gives meaning to a little goes a long way, just one tap on the brush for that pretty feminine flush. 

The shades that really interested me was a bright cool pink and a natural peachy pink. Because thinking about it on a financial level, a blush that is very pigmented with last for a very long time since it is used sparingly on skin. So you saved money to buy other makeup products (wink wink). 

An interesting thing about the Instain blush is that it has shades specified for skin tones. The other shade I bought, Lace is actually for darker skin tones but who cares really? If you think it works for you, get it. 


As you can see Argyle is a light,warm and peachy pink as Lace is a Pop out Barbie Cool pink.

Argyle (though this was applied generously so you can see the color clearer)
Apologies for the bitchy face here Hahahaha. I was going for that expressionless look. 
Argyle is great for fairer skin tones since it is not too pigmented that you might be mistaken for someone who had an allergy.

Lace
Take note again, both blushes were applied generously for photo clarity, I would never put on this much blush hahaha. It really does have a great contrast on warm skin. The pigment is so strong a singular tap with a blush brush is sufficient for each cheek or sometimes both.

Lace on the Left, Argyle on the Right
And I can vouch for its lasting power but this could also depend on you choice of base. But it does stay for a very long time due to its magic ingredient, Mica, which has oil absorbing properties.The finish is beautiful when it really sinks in you skin an hour after application. All the shades are matte and long lasting. The blush itself is not so finely milled it feels like velvet but pretty good. No scent and I believe, cruelty-free.

What's left to say really? The packaging is cute but I hate the fact that is gets easily dirty since, well it is cardboard, but I also find it adorable and easy to get rid off when I hit pan. Plastic packaging can be a pain to get rid off.

So will you be getting your hands on any of these soon? The price is quite affordable and the product surely outperforms its price. A very great find for blush hoarders and a definite recommend from me.

On Face:
Isehan Sunkiller Base
Naturactor Cover Face in 140
L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara
Maybelline Brow Mascara
Happy Skin Shut up and Kiss me Lippie in Honeymoon Glow



No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.