11.06.2015

OOTD: An Excuse to Wear a Turtle neck

My very first OOTD Post! I never thought I'd ever post something like this on my little blog. But here it is. Astonishments aside, I have been quite happy with the current trends of late, a comeback of the 70's and 90's with a hint of 80's. When I think of those decades, the grunge, flare pants and outlandish jackets flood my mind. But right now I am loving turtlenecks and jean skirts, which I actually have in my closet as hand-me-downs from my mother. Who cares about what people say cause hand-me-downs and thrift shop finds are totally cool.


This was my outfit from church. A  white turtleneck and a high waist navy blue skirt with some Charles and Keith strappy sandals. To tell you the truth the only thing that came from this outfit that came from an actual store are the shoes. Everything else is from thrift shops! Bag, top and skirt! I usually don't like to brag but I am damn proud of my thrift shop hunting skills. 

The top is actually very soft and can be worn in normal weather, in my city that is 27 to 29 degrees Celsius. But it's not as fitting as one would like. But that is something that can be remedied with adjustments.

The skirt was actually from my mother but was also from the thrift shop, I am my mother's daughter after all! I love how it flows on my legs with its light and sheer fabric.


The bag is real leather! And it is so adorable. I really hit the jackpot with this baby, glad no one snagged before I did since it was so dirty and dusty at the store, it probably didn't draw the right attention. It has a few scratches but none so obvious, It has that Hermes Birkin detailing which is a nice touch but it's so hard to open for security at the mall or when you're trying to find something. But it is cute. But not a candidate for an everyday bag.


Charles and Keith have always been lovely brand for me, and these shoes are already 2 years old. These babies are still in great shape and are always my go to pair and my fail safe. I have used them on many occasions and they are perfect with a neutral outfit.

Overall I enjoyed writing this post. I hope I can post more in the future or if any of my outfits are actually worth documenting, hahaha. Thank you for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.