3.08.2016

The Birthday Beauty Edit

And yes, I do consider my birthday a holiday. But here was my birthday face!




This photo makes it look like my hair was being burned by the candle but skin is looking very glowy here thanks to the highlighting primer.

I hope you don't get frighfully bored with my looks as they seem repetitive since I use a lot of the same products, but they're reliable and I work with what I have.


BASE

So Laura Mercier Radiance Primer to just give that birthday radiance and the MUFE HD Foundation to make skin look seamlessly perfected. And a spritz of Mary Kay Setting Spray for longevity. Under the eyes I used Happy Skin Eye need a miracle Corrector.

A new player in the house, I used the Etude House Play Contour Duo to just subtly shade and highlight. And set it all with the Mary Kay Translucent Powder.

EYES

I opted for simple eyes. So as a base I used the Etude House Bling Stick in a coppery brown shade which just really brings out such a beautiful understated shimmer when topped off with matte eyeshadows. I  defined the crease with the Tarte tartelette palette  in shades Wanderer to define the crease and Bestfriend on the lower lashline. Then a nice cat eye liner with theMaybelline hypersharp eyeliner and heaps of the Maybelline Falsies.

CHEEKS

TheBalm Bahama Mama for some extra definition and the Maxfactor Creme puff blush in Seductive Pink for a nice light flush on cheeks.

LIPS

Happy Skin Lip and Cheek Mousse in Swept off my Feet for a simple no-fuss pink which I'm sure will just glide on the lips and last long.

SCENT & NAILS


My nails were a bright and lively Lilac shade from Etude House. And my perfume was the wonderful Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet. 

It was just  a more defined look for a simple birthday lunch at home. It could've been louder if I was going out at night but when I'm just at my house I don't want to preen too much as I'd really just take off the makeup right after the photo op. But it was overall a lovely day for me.

Thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.