2.08.2015

Current Daily Makeup Routine

I have rarely posted anything about my makeup routine for everyday, but I figured that since I just love knowing what other people's routine is, I figured I should also share it, These are the products and face I am currently sporting. And I can do this in 10 minutes or less. And this is really one of those looks that say I-had-some-time-to-look-pretty-today-but-I-didn't-go-overboard. It is natural looking and not high maintenance, and I regard this as my fail-safe look; it looks good for any occasion. And because you'll just never know who you'll meet or what'll happen, but it's good to look good when your high school rival just suddenly appears in front of you right?, But anyways, let's get through it shall we?




After skin care I immediately put on Sunscreen, I adore the Sunplay watery sunscreen with SPF 50 from Mentholatum (P349) for 31g. Its thin consistency, light feel, hydration and minimal white cast have all won my heart for the past year since I was searching for local alternatives for the Biore Aqua Sunscreen, and this just fits the bill. 

I then use concealer, Estee Lauder Double wear Concealer in Light Medium has been an all rounder and probably the best of the best of my collection of concealers, it's light but packs quite a coverage, easily blendable, budge-proof, water proof and even works well for blemishes! Its hydrating properties ensure no crease or wrinkle emphasis, as well as flaky blemish emphasis! 

Then I start with a BB cream, which to be honest can vary on my mood since I have quite a number I have to go through, but my default is the Ettusais mineral BB cream, which makes my skin look fresh but needs to be properly set with powder as it does not have the powerful oil controlling properties my skin so direly needs. Needs a blot or two four hours into wearing.

Now I set my under eyes with a translucent powder if I'm not to lazy or I feel the need absolutely need to look flawless, but on days when I don't which is most of the time, I use the Estee Lauder Double Wear Powder in 2W1, it does not come in a pact and I am so happy I have reached pan on this immortal thing, since I had it since December 2013. It is not very powerful against oil despite its double wear fame, I'd say it wasn't the best at all at oil control, but I'm just trying to use this use so I can move on to better powders.

I actually go to bronzing my pale face after with the Body Shop Honey Bronzer in No. 2, a matte bronzer from the heavens for fair skinned ladies, it does not look orange-y or abnormally dark at all especially when applied with a large fluffy brush for a more diffused warmth.

After bronzing is highlighting with the Etude House Face designing brightener in Wannabe face. it's actually right next to he Ettusais BB cream on the higher photos. My HG highlighter, beloved eternally, haha. The subtlety of glow and light to give that Korean celebrity dewiness.


Then blush, if I need something I'm sure will be flattering and not overdone, I grab NARS Orgasm. It just works an ol' reliable.

For my brows I actually use the light matte brown shade from the NYX adorable palette then the Jazzy Collection Brow gel to lighten my brows and groom them so they don't look to unruly.

Sometimes I do take the same light brown shade I use for my brows, on my crease just to add definition and nothing more. Then mascara, 2 coats of the Maybelline Rocket Mascara to make my lashes look existent!

Finally lips, the Etude House Color Lips fit line is amazing as it just hug the lips with pigment, long lasting and hard to remove, which is good during the day but nothing a little makeup remover couldn't do for night right? This shade in fantasy pink just makes a bit more cheerful in the morning, because it's just so bright and energetic! But my camera just doesn't capture all that, sadly, so you may find it too subtle on the photo below.

The final look:


I am always surprised to see how subtle this looks, I've used a total of 10 products, excluding brushes, some might say that's an awful lot of products to have a natural look, but I find that everything I've included are all basic things in a look, brows, base, mascara, cheeks and lips, but could probably get away with less.

What are your favorite everyday products?

Thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.