2.15.2015

The Valentine's Day Face

I don't have a significant other, truthfully I've only celebrated one Valentine's day with one along time ago. But that was history, but just because you're single on V day doesn't mean you can't feign the look of love with makeup. Though I have nothing special on that day, except going to church, I still love getting ready. 


It calls for pinks and reds, holiday, I love pinks on my face but as a person it's not my favorite color, but makeup wise it is lovely on the mug. So it feels a little like a pink overload, but spare me since it is Valentine's day.

BASE



I've decided as of this post I will be branching this looks into BASE, LIPS & CHEEKS and EYES, yup that pretty much covers it. So starting with base, the Ettusais White BB Cream is something I only whip out when I'm feeling special, no flash photography is involved and or too lazy to put on a layer of sunscreen. It is brightening, lightweight and quite lovely, pricey as well hence I don't like to use it up right away, it is different from the usual Ettusais BB from the fact that it is more pink tinged to add more brightness, not starkly pink, but a tolerable amount, I'll have to do a review on it soon so please wait for that.

Then I used two concealers, K-palette Zero Kuma concealer for the under eye area and NARS radiant creamy concealer for the blemishes. Then all set with my Mary Kay Translucent powder. Surprisingly no bronzer today just to keep with that fresh glowy look. I used Guerlain meteorites as an overall highlighter, mostly concentrating on my cheeks. 


CHEEKS & LIPS


For cheeks I used cool pink shades which tends to truly pop out on warm skin, giving that realistic pink glow. I used the Etude House all over cupcake in Blueberry which is a very cool purply pink, just for a little adhesion for the powder blush, and the fact that I was feeling special. Unfortunately photos still didn't catch it. On the top is my favorite Snoe SABSTANCE blush in x8 love.

For lips are two very pinky nudes, the NYX matte lip cream in London then Happy Skin's Crushing on you lippie which acts as a lip glossy or balmy thing, since it adds such subtle pigment, it can be used as such.


EYES



I used Stubborn from the Nude 'tude palette all over the lid, it's a lovely shimmery subtle pink which adds dimension to the eyes, then Sultry on the crease. to give definition. Then I used the Etude House Drawing show Brush liner in Brown, I rarely use eyeliner, I only do when I have ample time to get ready. And brown just felt more forgiving to me, Then swipes of my favorite L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara.


The complete look


Hope you enjoyed your Valentine's Day, single or with someone!