1.08.2016

Soffia Opulence Perfect Skin Foundation Brush

Soffia brushes have the most luxurious packaging I've ever seen for a brush.  They could almost be mistaken for boxes from a jewelry store.

Description: For a truly immaculate canvas, wield the Perfect Skin Foundation Brush when you apply BB Cream, liquid foundation, or even powder foundation. It spreads the product smoothly and evenly for maximum coverage and prevents the “patchy” makeup look. Thanks to the angled Lush Opulence bristles, you can even use this tool as an expert contouring brush. It does it all!

Price: Currently P525

I've had this for some time now. And realized I forgot to do a review on this. Honestly I consider purchasing brushes a tedious job, because I am quite particular with brushes. And with the market being predominantly Real Techniques, it is kind of difficult to find good quality while being in a budget range. Luckily local brands have popped up like Charm beauty and their luxury line Soffia. I have the Blending brush and it is truly a quality brush well worth its price, and since that experience was well remembered, I decided getting another brush, particularly a face brush.

I don't know when but I have noticed my foundation application with the Real techniques expert face brush has been streaky. No matter what base product  and amount I use, it prompted a series of fine streaks on my face. I don't know if it lost its density overtime or I just noticed this fact now, but it did not please me.

If you are familiar around the beauty blogosphere, you'd instantly noticed that this brush is copied from the Shiseido Perfect foundation brush. In fact I have tried The Face Shop dupe but it didn't turn out so well. 

Soffia brushes have a nice weight to them I find and I cannot stop gushing about their classy gold ferrules. 


This Perfect Skin Brush has dense synthetic and pseudo-natural hairs which buffs products to a refined finish.  Though denser than the Expert face brush I think the Shiseido brush is much denser, and when a finger is brushed through the bristles, I've read that the bristles almost don't budge from the sheer density of the hairs. And though it does have It does offer a better finish than the Expert Face brush with a moderate amount of product, go too far on the foundation you might see a few streaks. But as I use this brush I find it best with short buffing motions or a circular motion, it blends product nicely on to skin. 

It's a nice addition to the kit but not too amazing to really grab right now, but if you're looking for a Shiseido perfect foundation brush dupe, this might be what you're looking for.









No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.