1.31.2016

January Favorites

And January has passed us by like a ship in the night. Now it's really sinking in that time flies.


So I have  a few favorites this month which I have just been reaching out for in my vanity. Some new some old but all well-loved at the moment.

First off are the Real Techniques brushes which are from the sculpting set. I love the Sculpting brush and Setting brush but I don't use them according to how they're named or meant for. Because I'm a rebel like that. But no really, the Sculpting brush is amazing for buffing foundation in. It's denser than my old RT buffing brush too so it really gets the product blended better.  Then comes the Setting brush which is super for blending in concealer under the eyes, though it was meant for setting powder under the eyes, I've read that most bloggers like using the setting brush for concealer as well, and it really works.

The Maxfactor CC cream finally receives the credit it deserves. this is in Medium which is a touch darker than my skin tone but I'd rather have that than the Light shade which is more pink than I'd like. This just melts in to skin like a dream, it's glowy and radiant and just so easy to work with. The only bad thing about it is the shade selection which just leans to pink undertones.

Ahh the Snoe Sculpting Cake, my go-to bronze & sculpt product of the moment. I just enjoy applying this everyday. Review here.

I just can't be bothered with eyeliner recently. I've opted for just defining the crease with a matte shadow and lots of mascara. And this has been what I've been reaching for the Maybelline The Falsies. It really does give volume and length to my very sad straight lashes. It's just been that perfect pick me up for me eyes when I'm just going to be anti-eyeliner.

Lastly is the Etude House Liquid Color Lips in PK 003 which just gives neon lips like wow. It's moisturizing and long lasting and just gives a pretty stain when it's faded out.

And that is it for my January faves. Thanks for reading!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.