1.15.2016

Makeup Melange #1 Bright and Minimal

I have tried and failed to keep up with a series on the blog, so hoping that the new Navigation bar will motivate me, I'm going to do the best I can.

Makeup Melange is basically my current makeup look or a look I'm trying out for the moment, think of it as a sporadic Makeup of the Day. So this'll be a simple post of what I'm just currently wearing and some thoughts of the products on the side.


I was in a light and airy mood today, since I've just been obsessed with eye liner whenever I wear glasses. So on the days I don't wear glasses, I put the liner down. and opted for a more subtle but defined look.


BASE
I started the look with my Laura Mercier Radiance Primer and used my Maxfactor CC Cream as my allover base, which by the way, has not been put in my yearly favorites but I reckon I should have since I actually reach for it a lot when I want something super lightweight on skin. Under my eyes I used my trusty Happy Skin Corrector and the Estee Lauder Double Wear Under Eye Concealer. Mattified the face with some Mary Kay Translucent Powder, and we move on the the Cheeks.

CHEEKS
I have been trying out the Snoe Slim Shade Me in  Peanut since I am so intrigued that it is not the typical sculpting/contouring shade you'd usually see around. It is so natural for my skin tone. I believe I'll be very loyal this time around. For cheeks I used an old favorite, the Snoe SABSTANCE blush in X8 Love which I unfortunately dropped and repaired so it's looking a bit worse for wear but still completely lovely and functional. It just gives a gorgeous natural blooming flush. For highlighter I used the wonderful Etude House Face designing brightener in Wannabe face which has actually been revamped by Etude House last year, so I'm using this one in the former packaging.

EYES
Eyes were kept minimal with only two products. The Etude House Bling Stick in this lovely bronze-y shimmer shade and Maybelline The Falsies Mascara. I find it kind of refreshing that I didn't use my usual eyeliner. The bling stick just looks so lovely and shimmery but for the sake of longevity it's best set with another powder shimmer shadows as it doesn't really set but stays creamy.

Brows were done, not perfectly with this new product my mom randomly got for me. I'm currently still figuring out how to properly use this. But luckily it didn't look too bad.

LIPS
I went natural with a nude-y pink lip which is Happy Skin Lip and Cheek Mousse in Warm and Toasty.



I actually really quite liked how this look went considering that I'm very into heavy looks on workdays. I would actually prefer doing this look everyday but as I really am in to finishing all my makeup to make more room for new makeup.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.