1.10.2016

Loving Local Beauty Brands and Investing in Every Product

What is with people and imported brands? What is wrong with loving local brands? Does it really differ or do Filipinos really think that locally made products just cannot compete or are inferior to the foreign counterparts?


If you have been a loyal reader from way back when my blog was named The Secret Beauty Geek, I have basically founded the blog with the intention on reviewing Asian brands, specifically, Korean brands which I do love even now. Eventually I ventured to Western brands, Japanese brands and since last year, local brands.

After much thought and becoming less devil may cry with money, especially now that I'm earning and paying for everything with my hard earned cash, I have really come to a point where every purchase is becoming an investment rather than an impulse. Calculating everything in my head from expiration date to longevity of usefulness. Let's face it, beauty products aren't exactly essential. So I'd like to get a bang for my buck. So right now it's not so glamorous to be pre-ordering for US or UK branded products. Though I think I may be investing in something of that sort soon. Knowing that it is a hassle to get out of work and deposit money in the bank, it really is just a pain. I'm just looking for things that I can easily find in local boutiques and malls where I don't think I'll panic when I run out of. So there came my transition to local products.

Some might argue that they are kind of pricey when compared to more wallet friendly imported brands, but from what I've tested, they are well worth the price. Truly. They have come so far and are just under our noses. So why look outside the country when we can look from within?

With the appearance of good quality home grown brands in the market now, they're honestly giving foreign brands a run for their money. Happy Skin, Snoe, Carmen Claire, Pink Sugar are all considerably young brands which will have much much ahead of them in the long-run, But I'd willingly invest in their products knowing that I'm supporting the economy and there'll be a variation of supply in the market.

I'm not saying I'll be fully switching to local, there are brands out there which I believe are truly worth the investment but I'm also saying that what you're looking for might just be nearby.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.