1.24.2016

What’s In My Travel Makeup Bag?

This year, if plans are set in place. I might be going out of the country. So I don't think planning what I'll be bringing with me for travel is a bad thing, right?




Of course everything is subject to change when I get new products or really analyzing what will be more suitable to lug along when I'm travelling. But this is what is currently  am planning on bringing.

Paring down was hard, let me just say that now. As stereotypical as it may seem What if's just keep popping in my head. What if I'll need something long-lasting? Something more moisturizing? More photo-friendly?

But basically I just thought of the products which I just rely on a regular basis which are just what one needs when they're away from the comfort of their vanity table.

BASE

My perpetually reliable Ettusais BB Mineral Cream  will go with me anywhere and everywhere. It has just the right texture and feel to be up to the task. It does provide moisture and SPF (but I will be wearing a sunscreen underneath) and just looks overall great on skin. I'll be taking 3 concealers with me, as obsessive as that sounds but I'd be lost without them. Really. Happy Skin Eye need a Miracle Corrector really lives up to its name but I'll need a skin tone concealer which is the Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer, both are very moisturizing and were made for the under eye area. The NARS Creamy concealer offers high coverage for any blemish one might develop when exposed in an unfamiliar area. Right now I'm still debating if I should bring my translucent powder or buy a pressed translucent oil control powder with me for setting makeup. But I think I'll be bringing the In2it Oil control Powder foundation because it's convenient for oil control (hence the name) and coverage.

CHEEKS

I'd think most people would take an all in one palette but I believe in more individually made and more truly solid products in a pot rather than in a palette. So I'll be going with my trusty Etude House Face Designing Brightener since it just looks very subtle and suitable for any day. Now, for my bronzer I chose the very pigmented TheBalm Bahama Mama. Why? Because it can also act as my brow powder and since it is so stark, I can build it up as subtly as possible or when on a night out, I can really bring in the big gun contouring. For blush, I'd have to go with TheBalm's Instain blush in Argyle, which is a subtle matte pink which just livens the cheeks. It's light and fresh and you just can't mess up with this, not to mention it has 16 hour wear. 

EYES

For eyes I decided to bring just one eyeshadow palette, an eyeliner, eyelash curler and mascara. The palette is Happy Skin's All Eyes on Me which can pretty much from day to night with a swipe. I really need versatile products knowing that anything can happen, I just wish that these came with more variety of shades and undertones like the NAKED palettes. I've already mentioned that I use the Bahama Mama Bronzer as a brow powder, so I will not be bringing any more brow palettes. I am enamored by eyeliner right now so I'll be bringing my favorite Maybelline Hypersharp Cat eye Eyeliner, which is so easy to handle, that coming from a struggling eyeliner beginner. 


LIPS

Lipsticks can honestly go anywhere and everywhere. But for the most the Happy Skin Lippie in Hold my Hand has secured a part since it is a brightening and lively deep -slightly-reddish pink which I think can be worn practically at any occasion. But any more additions will be subject to much debate.

TOOLS

Right now I'm thinking of bringing only 4 brushes with me, no sponges, since it's a pain to keep cleaning when travelling. Again, these are subject to change. But I love the Carmen Claire Blush brushes for blush and bronzer so much, they're literally all I ever use. They are brilliant with powders. Only 2 brushes for the eyes, both from the Real Techniques Nic's Picks Collection, the Angled Shadow brush for evenly blending shadows in the crease and the eyeliner brush for my brows. 

I'll probably update this soon if I have any modifications. Also I'm currently looking for Travel friendly Skin care products! Thank you for reading!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.