1.16.2016

Etude House Soft Touch Auto Lip Liner Review

Lip liners. Never really got into them. Until now that is.

Description:
Auto dispense pencil comes in multiple shades to create a lip boundary with soft texture and fine line application for elegant, uniform expression.
Price: P98

Net Content: 0.2g


L-R Nude, Pink, Wine 

I first wrote about these liners in my yearly favorites. But I have known about them for years now as an avid lurker in the Etude House Stores. I was never very much in to them until this explosion in the past year surrounding Kylie Jenner and her lip technique. I heard the hype but wasn't too invested to try it out with the MAC lip pencils, Soar and Spice. But I'm always up for a cheap alternative.

Bare Lips
Unfortunately these don't have names which I feel is sad, but I'm going to address them simply as their color; Nude, Pink and Wine.

SWATCHES

NUDE
Nude is well, a nude shade that's very close to my natural lip color to the point that I thought it had no pigment when I was drawing on my lips, it was that close to my natural lip color. Very nice in pair with a smoky eye though.

Nude

PINK

A perfect everyday shade, it's a subdued slightly mauvey pink which I was not expecting to find in the Etude House range. This is the shade to use to amp up the lip size. This is personally my most used shade and if I could and probably would buy three more for my makeup bag.


Pink


WINE

My holiday lip color was this. Nothing feels more festive than a wine lip. It's a color I wouldn't sport on a daily basis but as I'm being more open to more makeup options and broadening my horizons, I might pick this up more often now. It just ticks me a bit that it can go uneven if you're not precise. And when you show your inner lip there will be that "lipstick divide", when you can see the real lip color and the lipstick divide like two different oceans meeting. 

Wine

They all apply matte and with great pigment very similar to their Play 101 pencils in texture but with a much lower cost. They honestly are very good quality and stay on for hours and hours and can be worn alone. They don't slip or budge so they're perfect for events but the very small range of shades and the amount inside is the downside since I use them use so fast, I wish there was more inside! I've seen only a total of 4 shades in the 3 boutiques I visited.