6.23.2016

Additions to the Arsenal #4: A few bits from Manila

Hello there. Back from a bit of a blogging break since my eyes are still in the healing process from my LASIK procedure last week which meant a trip to the capital city, Manila. If there's one thing I like about Manila, it's the shopping basically. I love the vast selections of shops and restaurants so that also means I wasn't going to leave without a few little purchases here and there. And just brands that I don't come across in Davao.

Be prepared for how skin care centric this has become though.




Most of my purchases are skin care stuff, which a large part seems to be Face Masks, which reminds me, I must do a mask collection of sorts to keep track of what I must finish up.

Now some are quite pricey here, I won't lie but I'm not here everyday and they don't sell online which I must suggest they should. I picked up the newly released face masks from Kiehl's; namely the Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque and the Cilantro & Orange Extract Pollutant Defending Masque and I got some samples of things I was actually dying to try out which I might pick up the next time I go to Manila if they treat me well, so fingers crossed for the Iris Extract Activating Treatment essence and the Midnight Recover Concentrate.

Then I went off to Origins just to look around but I was intrigued by the Origins Skin Retexturizing mask with Rose Clay and they noticed my Kiehl's bag to which they had kindly suggested their foam cleanser as a better alternative, so I ended up with a few samples of their cleanser.

Speaking of cleansers, I had no idea Sana Namerakahonpo had made it's way to the Philippines but I was happy to try the Tonyu Isoflavone Cleanser so vehemently suggested by Japanese Beauty YouTube Melodee Morita.

Then I also picked up a small bottle of the Bioderma sebum variant just for curiosity. And a couple of face masks from Naruko to try the brand out.

Not much on the makeup hunt during the trip because I have feeling of satisfaction with my collection which of course is a rather fleeting statement as humans are....
But these are what I picked up.



The legendary Benefit Hoola Bronzer, a pressed translucent powder from Essence and a brow pencil from Holika Holika.

And that is it for the haul. It has clearly gone a different direction but for the better I hope otherwise my mother will find herself drowning in face masks soon.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.