6.14.2016

The Travel Makeup Bag (5 Day Trip)

I've been literally scrambling for the deadline as I'm writing this post and that I should be packing my bags for tomorrow's trip. And I've been watching numerous how to pack videos, constantly looking out for some tips. And as this will be published I will probably be in Manila by then. But if you fancy a bit of snooping around in my travel makeup bag, have a look at this post.


BASE SELECTIONS

Base is probably the trickiest to pack for me as there are so many things to consider, i.e. weather, humidity, occasion. But as I know I'm in for a more walking around kind of thing I knew I had to bring two sunscreens/makeup base. I have the Biore UV Aqua Sun screen because it's water on skin basically. But since I also wanted a more base that ensures oil control and protection, I took the Sunkiller Lasting Base

Also that little spray in the middle is actually my decanted Etude House I'm blooming oil control spray which I use before makeup. 

I chose the Ettusais Mineral BB cream because it's basically a fail safe base. It's kind to skin and has decent coverage which i think is the most I'll need on this trip. I'm not too bold to bring any of my foundations that come in a glass bottle. I also took two concealers; NARS radiant concealer for the blemishes and the Estee Lauder Double wear concealer for under the eyes.

Two powders because I am justifiably oily beyond doubt. I have a pressed powder for touch ups when I'll be walking around, in this case it's the wonderful Canmake Marshmallow finish powder. And since pressed powder can get cakey on me when applied too much I'm happy to have the Innisfree No sebum powder in such a small travel friendly size.

CHEEKS & LIPS
Didn't really need to go overboard on this category. I just needed reliable old products, so I went for the NARS Orgasm blush which I think is universally flattering any time any where any place. And thank goodness the Happy Skin Sculptacular kit is so travel friendly, so that's my contour and highlighter in one cool kit.

My lip wardrobe will always be MLBB so I went for the trust Happy skin lippies in Honeymoon Glow, under the Sheets and Hold my hand. A newcomer is also the Colourette Sahara lipstick.

EYES

I'm currently testing out this brow pencil from J cat and since I thought it would be wiser to bring this than my whole Tartelette palette, into the bag it goes. I also brought along my Jazzy Cooper brow gel in brown.

Very very trustworthy products from Maybelline also deserved the space here, namely, the Great Lash Mascara and the new Hypersharp Power Black Liquid Eyeliner. 

Not really in the mood for bringing a palette along, so I just took the Bling bling Eye stick a singular stick cream shadow from Etude house in a bronzey brown shade.

And of course an eyelash curler.

BRUSHES

Brushes have also been a close race. I needed multi-tasking brushes round this time but nothing really beats that "made-for-its-purpose" feel. So I took the RT sculpting brush for the liquid foundation, the Zoeva Silk finish brush for powder setting, the Zoeva angled cheek brush for contour, the Carmen Claire blush brush for blush of coruse, the RT Contour brush for highlighting and the RT setting brush for general face touch ups.

So how that all manged to fit in one bag is a mystery. Hopefully I'll be able to do a basic set up there to do my makeup in the morning and not jammed into the makeup bag like sausages after use. 

If you have any travel tips for makeup packing please feel free to share them in the comments down below! Have a good week and thanks for reading.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.