8.06.2016

Happy Skin Work It, Girl! Shut Up & Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippie Duo

I think I'm down with that disease every beauty obsessed girl has been infected with for the past couple of years. I call it The MLBB Browny Pinky Mauvey Lipstick Syndrome. We are convinced that we have found the "one" until a new incarnation unveils itself and we are in love once again. And I can proudly say that I think 4 lipsticks in my possession might look similar but have subtle differences in the amount of brown, pink or mauve. And yet the search still goes on and with much glee Happy Skin has released more offerings.

Price: P1099 When bought as a duo, P599 individually
Availability: Happy Skin Stores and www.happyskincosmetics.com
Description:
Beauty Bar collaborates with the country's favorite skin-caring makeup brand, Happy Skin, to empower women with working girl-friendly beauty tools. With Happy Skin X Beauty Bar, make beauty work for you! This Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippie is sure to help you make that lip-smackin' statement.
Swipe on a powerful espresso color and kick butt with Wonder Woman.
Show the world you're Slaying It! with a commanding terracotta brown hue.
Highly pigmented and moisture-packed, these lippies glide on irresistibly smooth and leave behind a rich, creamy pout that's way tempting to kiss. Let your lips say it all and work it, girl!

I have just been waiting to get my hands on this collection for weeks and I've just been refreshing the Beauty page on Zalora almost daily until one day this popped out on their latest releases. I don't know or what but there seems to be a delay in the acquisition of new stocks at my local counter.

Slaying it is the darker of the two and has more of a dominant rosy tone. It has just enough brown to be not to eye popping but offers a classy kind of definition with the richness of its color. They say it's a terracotta brown hue and in my words I find it looks like a reddish cocoa.
Slaying it
Wonder Woman has more brown pigment. It's medium brown with just enough rosy tones in it to not make it full blown espresso. And a little heads up here, but this is an exact dupe for MAC Whirl. So rejoice! This is that 90'c color one would rock with eyeliner and a choker. But personally I find myself needing a few more swipes of bronzer or blush to liven up the face as I find this color is a bit muted on paler skin tones so I'll need to step up the cheek products.
Wonder Woman
Both are worth checking out if you have been also infected by the same disease of the MLBB, And as for girls who haven't gotten around on trying a brown lip. I recommend going from pinks with a brown tinge or hue like Pink Sugar's Queen Bee to Happy Skin's Honeymoon Glow and Under the Sheets then going for this collection as the brown pigment just increases with these shades.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.