9.21.2016

Happy Skin Face the World Air Serum Foundation

It's my second foundation purchase in two years. I rarely buy foundations now since I have quite a few in rotation but thanks to product expiration dates I can do a bit of foundation shopping. Both my long time reliable favorites, the Estee Lauder Double Wear and Makeup Forever HD Foundation (Old version) are now nearly going past their use by date and are now less than half empty. I'm currently patting myself on the back for these accomplishments. So as it is I was in the market for new formulas, consistencies and this was Happy Skin's release for my curiosity.  


Price: P1299

A while back there seemed to be a trend for very light weight foundations I do remember a few things like the Lancome Teint Air and the L'Oreal Eau de teint. Seems that I'm seeing Air in foundations again in Korean brands such as Clio, Apieu and Aritaum and our very own Happy Skin is doing  a rendition.


Right now I'm enthusiastic with the products in the market so I'm more fearless in trying new things. So I picked this up the moment it went up on Zalora. I have the sponge as well but it's not in its best condition so I'll have to write that up for next time.

Something that might immediately turn you off about this is that it has one shade, a yellow based beige which can go for skin tones NC25-NC35 I think. But it blends and melts into skin very well, I let this part slide. I'm an NC20-NC25 ish in skin tone and I can see that it really is a bit of a deeper tinge on my skin but nothing a good setting powder and some highlighter can't fix.

Bare Face

The consistency is very fluid, Well it's worth noting that Water is the highest content ingredient and this is an oil -free formula. It's so light weight and breathable, that I sometimes forget I'm wearing foundation. It absorbs and sets quickly so it's best to blend well with I do with a buffing brush but fingers are also a great choice so you can really get into that tactile feeling when it absorbs into skin. It's quite matte so I find that glow primers work really well with it. But because of its consistency I'm worried I use up a lot per application since it's less controllable when its very watery.
Blended
However the coverage is quite good for covering mild to moderate blemishes and redness. So it has good pigmentation despite the thin formula. Of course powdering might be optional since it really does set into a true matte consistency. It does hold up well but for very oily skinned girls like me, I do need that powder.



Overall it's a very nice foundation especially for humid weather. This is great for oily skinned people  and even for a the drier skinned if they use a hydrating primer. It won me over with how weightless it is on skin and would be great for travel due to the handy little plastic bottle.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.