9.24.2016

Colourette Colourstick in Georgia

I must have impeccable timing to put up this review when this specific shade is currently sold out at the moment. But that's how the cookie crumbles.


Price: P499
Description: If the crown fits, she must be wearing Georgia —a mocha-flavoured Colourstick in cordovan chicness from Colourette's Limited Edition Chocolat Collection.
I have reviewed a few shades from the line before like Sahara and Bethany and both are part of the normal line of shades. Earlier this year they also released the Chocolat edition with a collaboration from famous local photographer, BJ Pascual. This shade is from that line. 

I'd like to take note of the scent first as it smells just like candy, it says mocha but I'm reminded more of an oatmeal or caramel scent. But it smells yummy I'll say flat out.

The formula is still the same smooth and pigmented like before. So I'll focus more on the color. On the promotional photo it looked more like a cool deep browny mauve and that's on a model I assume I have fairly similar skin tone with. So I was surprised to see that it was actually a warm deep pink on me at least. This might be a perfect example of how you can't trust a lipstick according to the bullet and on your lips. Though I do like the lipstick I'm more disappointed in the promotional photo. And there are probably unavoidable discrepancies per batch though they are probably minor it can be seen in the color.



Another thing I like about this is that it leaves a stain on the lips over time, in this case it was a pretty berry pink. Well those are just my thoughts.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.