9.19.2016

Becca Backlight Priming Filter: Radiant Glow in a Bottle

Glow? Radiance? It must be a filter. And could also be this little primer. Becca has gained attention for their Shimmering Skin Perfector but could they translate that glow in a primer as well?



Description:
Backlight Priming Filter creates a canvas for your makeup, extending its wear from day to night. Infused with three unique Filtering Luminescent Pearls, each one adds a different drop of diffused light. Blended together, they impart a one-of-a-kind, lightweight, whipped fluid that creates a smooth canvas and acts as an instant filter, while the vitamin E-enriched formula minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. 

Backlighting acts as an instant filter, creating a diffused, soft-focused radiance that allows your complexion to catch light for a glowing look. Infused with Becca’s proprietary blend of crushed pearls, this primer achieves a lit-from-within, healthy-looking effect.
Availability: Sephora.ph

Call me ambitious. I want to be glowy and radiant like  a glazed doughnut while naturally having oily skin. I have the Laura Mercier Radiance Primer but I only break it out for special occasions with the condition that I don't stay out too long otherwise I might get a bit of  a frying pan face. Not exactly that glow I've been trying to achieve.

This primer does cost a pretty penny so luckily I found a travel sized one online that has sated my curiosity for now at least.

The consistency is like a light moisturizer with fine shimmer particles which just diffused when applied. It's much lighter on skin compared to the Laura Mercier Radiance Primer and the shimmer particles are finer as well. But overall the LM one gives a more "noticeable" effect.

Only Primer All Over Face
Primer with Foundation Applied on Top
It just catches the light in a very beautiful way and you can definitely see that "lit-from-within" glow. The shimmers aren't too stark and aren't too subtle and are just right for the job. It also has a smoothing effect on the skin. And I'm just glad that it actually is visible even with Foundation on top. Actually it still peaks through even with powder. I've worn this with a long lasting foundation and I've seen it retain that glow well into 10 hours of wear. 

Definitely something for people who are obsessed in attaining that glow and radiance sans filter but with primer. It's not something niche in the market but with the result it delivers it has certainly found a place in the hearts of consumers. And yes I have oily skin but this glow is something I won't deny myself.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.