9.16.2016

Happy Skin Glam Squad Contour & Color Review



Back from a little blogging break from causes brought to you by lack of a good internet connection. And today's product review is one of the latest offerings from Happy Skin and their Glam Squad collection with a collaboration from the makeup artists of local celebrities. So I guess I'm ready for my closeup.


Price: P1399
Description:
The Happy Skin Glam Squad Contour & Color is a marriage of two professional must-haves that chisel and color the face: an easy-to-blend taupe contour and a warm rosy-coral blush with a satin finish. Both long-lasting yet pigmented, it gives you the perfect celebrity-like sculpted face and fresh glow to bring out your features.
Availability: Buy here or at Happy Skin Counters Nationwide
Content: 3.5g contour + 3g blush



Let's start off with the fact that I'm absolutely smitten with the packaging which for the first time isn't made of cardboard. The collection comes in glorious subdued rose gold packaging which screams glamorous. Nothing less for the stars, eh? Well thankfully it's not all packaging as the product inside can stand up for itself. TO be honest I was a bit apprehensive in buying it since I didn't think I would like the blush as I also couldn't use the highlighter from the Sculptacular palette as much as the contour powder. 

This time around the Contour powder is a real taupe designed by makeup artists and the blush is a bright coral which I'd think everyone would look good in. Let's start off for anyone wondering if there's a difference between the contour powders from the Sculptacular palette and the Glam squad palette. I'll tell you now that it's a real taupe compared to the Sculptacular one. It's definitely more of a cool tone to better "chisel" your face. Also the powder feels finer. Though their powder formula was already pretty smooth before, this palette steps up the fineness of the powder and the pigment especially when picked up by the brush. 



Contour Powder Applied
I must say that the contour powder looks believable on skin, as expected when the color's been designed by makeup artists. It's very hard to make this look stark and heavy on skin, in fact when I wear this I feel that since it's so subtle on skin, I'm tempted to just put layers and layers on but again, it's hard to screw it up with this color.

Contour with Blush
I didn't expect that I'd like the blush as much as the contour powder. I find myself quite lazy to use these palettes when I have other individual blushes. But since I have no other colored blush like this, it was a pleasant surprise. It's a beautiful coral shade which can be amped up for a more vibrant color especially for deeper skin tones but can be applied sparingly for lighter skin tones. But it is a youthful flush in a pot. It's just that pop of color on the cheeks which instantly gives life suddenly I'm reminded of a verse from The Grand Budapest Hotel.



Overall this is a wonderful palette which I think I can hit pan on both products. The contour powder: topnotch, realistic shade, thumbs up. The blush, lovely youthful flush, thumbs up. Fine formula, great pigment, glam packaging. I swoon. Definitely something you need to check out if you're near a counter.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.