11.04.2016

Another Affair with Zoeva: Luxury Rose Golden Set II

It's been another long time coming but I've checked another piece off my wishlist after a year. I bought the first Rose Golden Luxury set in January. I've been putting this off for so long because I was having second thoughts. But after a moment of realization I decided to get it. So much for self-control. 


Description:
Live your fairytale and master any makeup look with the Rose Golden Luxury Set, a collection of eight handcrafted, essential makeup brushes in an ultra-feminine design, including a chic rose-golden clutch.
Availability: Sephora

Set includes: (L-R: Buffer Brush, Luxe Cheek Finish Brush, Luxe Face Paint Brush, Wing Liner Brush, Smudger, Wing Liner Brush, Deluxe Crease Brush, Luxe Smoky Shader)

Rose Gold Appreciation time. I think I've taken a few more stares at these brushes than one should. The colour and presentation is just gorgeous. Beautiful powder nude ferrules and that rose gold metal with the subtle insignia. Yup still in love. Literally heart eyed emoji here. 


Face:
  • 104 Buffer Brush: use to apply and blend foundation. - I've had my eyes on this since it was featured on The Anna Edit's monthly favorites. And though I could buy this individually on Sephora, if one considers the cost of the whole set versus this brush, you'd save more if you bought the whole set. It's a flat top brush with the softest bristles that blend foundation in the fastest and smoothest manner I've seen. It just get things done fast and it is well appreciated for those rush mornings.
  • 109 Luxe Face Paint Brush: use to contour and shape with powder. - This was something definitely new for me as this was originally meant for cream contouring but I found that this was intriguing for powder contouring as well as it just really gets the shape of the face well and sculpts more sharply on the cheeks and nose. 
  • 126 Luxe Cheek Finish: use to apply powder, blush and bronzer. - Meant for cream blushes but since I'm not into cream I use this for powder as well and it works great! It fits well on small panned blushes like the Maxfactor creme puff blush and picks up just the right amount for a flush.
Eyes:
  • 228 Luxe Crease Brush: use to blend colour transitions for a seamless finish. - One of the reasons I wanted the set was for this particular brush because I love me some blending brushes. It's soft and only slightly scratchy but only when applying more pressure. It's good for a nice color diffusion on the lids.
  • 234 Luxe Smoky Shader: use to apply and blend eyeshadow for a smoky finish. - a small short flat brush which can soften up harsh lines, which I bet will be a great help for smokey eye lovers.
  • 317 Wing Liner Brush: use to create detailed eyeliner strokes and the perfect wing. - I have one from the first set which I use for eyeliner so I use this for precise brows.
  • 322 Brow Brush: use to apply brow products and shape brows. -  This brush is a bit this so I like eyeliner brushes more but this is good for blending out shadows in its own right on the waterline.
  • 226 Smudger: use to apply and blend eyeshadow along the lash line. - This is something between the Luxe Smokey Shader and the Brow Brush which can be used for a cut crease or as it name says smudging out waterline colors.
There are a few things that are different from my first set. Volume II smells more wooden than the first. And the quality of the pouch has sadly dropped. I mean the first one was leather and the second one has a shiny rose gold plush pouch which is aesthetically pleasing but the first one was amazing quality. I've looked up whether my set was fake several times and it is authentic but the quality of the wing liner brush differs a bit. The first one was more firm in terms of shape and bristle strength for line. The second one goes a bit soft, better for filling in brows.  But so far those are the only difference that are of note as I'm enjoying every bit of this set.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.