11.30.2016

The Face Mask Collective

Been a bit of a slow month coming up with this post. And now we're coming up to December and kiss its face with all its bankrupting glory. And I see it's finally time to write up my skin care routine again. Why I only do it once a year? Because skincare is definitely a routine set in stone for me unless I add new products, basically same routine just different products, not nearly as interesting as piling on 3 bronzers in one sitting or say, blue lipstick. But I digress, and here is my current collection of face masks. 


I've separated these into categories, it was kind of confusing if I should do it by type or by use, but let's aim for coherence here. 

BRIGHTENING MASKS
photo 1-1 photo 1-2
Brightening just does it for me, because one can always use a radiance boost once in a while.

Kiehl's Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque is one of my favorite masks which I don't want to use as much since I feel that I might use it all up too soon. It's a strange yellow masque with as the name says cranberry seeds that you can use to exfoliate your skin when you wash off the mask. It instantly makes my skin feel great. A real glow getter if I do say so myself. 

Snoe It's Oat-K It's Alright Quenching Masque has been that one that I reach for when my face feels irritated from allergies or I just want a nice radiance in less than 10 minutes. Try this on any part of your body and you'll see a clear difference even then,

Skin Food Wash Off Rice Mask  is a very soft scrub like mask which needs to be worked into skin for a few minutes, this promises gentle exfoliation and brightening.  It's been a nice mask but nothing really of note. But it does give a more calming effect because of the scent and the soft texture. 


CLAY MASKS

"Clay Masks to Oily skin" is "dogs to cats" clay masks were meant to scare the oil away by absorbing them but only for the time they're on or at the most a whole day. So with my oily mug, not surprising I'd pick a few up.
Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Mask is probably the softest clay mask I've ever tried, it's like a moisturizing clay mask since it's not drying or harsh or dehydrating on skin, it easily comes off with water and skin isn't nearly as irritated than with the usual clay mask treatment.
Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque is a quite famous mask that is reknowned for banishing blemishes, many have raved for its deep clean effect and though I don't experience as much blemishes as much as before, it is a good mask when you're feeling that your pores are on the clogged side or the oiliness has been uncontrollable.
Origins Original Skin Retexturizing Mask was something I got because I'm a sucker for roses, it's a good smelling mask with little bits that you use to also scrub your skin. It's really quite an average mask for me, nothing amazing but the scent really pulled me in.

SPECIAL CARE





Kiehl's Cilantro & Orange Extract Pollutant Defending Masque has been for the most part a strange specimen for me as the texture, a thick gel creme with is quite sticky sits on the face like syrup. And it is an overnight mask yet needs some tissue-ing off to thin in out. Frankly, I'm not really sure as to what this really does, or if it really does what it does but I like it in a weird once in a while way. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.