11.12.2016

The Current Lip Wardrobe

As the title says. on the lips at the moment. This is pretty much what I've been slathering on my lips for the past few weeks and are the current residents of my makeup bag. So let's do some re-introductions and swatches.
I'm still the MLBB kinda girl but there's always that pretty pop of color that just makes me convert.  And there has been a specific shade that's been getting some special love from me. The Carmen Claire Matte Lipstick in Terracotta Warrior which is a peachy red but at the same time leaning coral and it is the closest I've been to the color red for the whole year. I've had some past frustrations with red lipstick before but I think if I'm ever to rock a red it would be more of these light peachy corally warm kinds of shades.

Carmen Claire Terracotta Warrior
I did a post a year back on this Happy Skin Lippie in Hold my Hand but I'm still definitely in love with this pop of pink which isn't too bright but gives just enough for that pretty and polished look which really gives emphasis on the lips.

Happy Skin Hold my Hand
From the brown lip craze the Happy Skin Lippie in Slaying It was born which I find to be that wearable shade of brown with a nice mix of pink. It's the default MLBB nowadays.

Happy Skin Slaying it
Pink Sugar released a number of shades to their Sugar tint and lipstick line and I had to try the Sugar 
Tint in Crazy in Love since it was totally my style. It's a nudy browny pink which is lovely and understated.

Pink Sugar Crazy in Love
And the Etude House liquid Fit lips in PK005 has an unusual use. I wouldn't wear such a sheer pale baby pink on its own. So I use it as a topper when my lips feel really dry from a matte lip product. It can lighten the color a bit but really gives a nice film of moisture on lips.

Etude House Liquid Lips in PK 005 topped on Pink Sugar's Crazy in Love
And that's pretty much my current lip wardrobe.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.