11.08.2016

Face Base Collection

So it's almost the end of the year and I think I've done almost every major round up so far except for Foundation/CC Cream/BB cream and such and such. Well it's safe to assume that this collection won't be updating any time soon since I'm pretty satisfied and this will last quite long i.e. a couple of years



Don't be fooled that some still look completely full. The ELDW and MUFE HD are now less than half empty so be assured that I do use my makeup! And they're already going past their use by date so I think it will be a very tearful makeup cull coming up.


Foundations

The Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation was my first High End Foundation ever. This will look like makeup and it will appear on skin but after a few hours on oily skin it will look more one with skin and will look better. It has obtained cult status for a reason. This can stay for as long as 16 hours on me and can handle well even without powder. Coverage is buildable but layer on too much and it will get cakey. This is definitely for the oilier skinned population as it will emphasize dry patches. This isn't for those flash photo sessions as well as it does have a bit of SPF which will appear on camera. It's definitely a medium to high coverage foundation.

My second high end foundation was the Make Up Forever HD Foundation, a very different being from ELDW so I was pretty surprised that it also had medium to high coverage. It had a thinner and finer consistency that melts in to skin as if it goes into synergy upon application. If you're on the oily skin side, you'll need a primer and some good oil control powder. And with that HD tag, this is my choice for parties or events with flash photography and this is the old version and the new version has been out for a while but I'll be needing a physical store to check out my shade so unless I'm going to Manila I won't be getting a bottle anytime soon.

The Mary Kay Matte Wear Liquid Foundation was something I picked up on a whim but it has good oil control and coverage but a sad lack of shades to accommodate a lot of people. The packaging isn't my cup of tea as it squeezes out a wee bit much than what's needed. It's similar to the ELDw but it's thinner in terms of consistency and coverage with a stronger "foundation smell".

And fastforward two years later with the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation which I had touted out as the ELDW and MUFE HD combined. But it's neither and really somewhere in between and a bit less than that actually. Check out the review for full details. Gorgeous packaging though.

And with new releases I picked up more foundations than I planned. So the Happy Skin Air Serum was a happy addition. It had the thinnest consistency I've tried in a foundation but it has coverage so don't be fooled but you'll really think you're not wearing anything. Downside is that it only comes in one shade.

And the release I've been waiting months for was Etude House Double Lasting Foundation the formula I've been looking for in Korean Foundations for years. Lightweight, heavy coverage and long lasting. No wonder it shot up to the charts after its release. And it now has 8 shades available. Still on the lighter side but it's an improvement!

BB Creams

The Ettusais BB Cream has been with me since college and I have backups. It's been that old reliable base product that I forget about but I'll keep coming back because I know it won't let me down every time. Medium coverage and not harsh on skin with a skin smoothing formula, it's just been a staple.

Ettusais BB White Cream got me curious when it released but it's actually Japan's take on the Koreean BB cream, it's brightening so it's lighter but it has this imppecable coverage that you won't need a concealer. High SPF and a moisturizing formula so one will need a powder and blotting paper too if you're really oily like me.


CC Cream

The MaxFactor CC Cream is smooth and blendable with an unfortunate selection in shades. All are on the pinker side but I somehow managed to make Medium work for me. It's more of a tinted moiturizer rather than a CC cream as I traditionally view CC creams as an adjust-to-you-shade like in Asian brands/

The Mary Kay CC Cream is somehow a tinted moisturizer disguised as a CC Cream. It's sheer and not really anything of note. It should just have been plainly labelled tinted moisturizer and not hide behind a forgotten hype. (Sorry but CC creams never really stuck.)

And that is it for the Round up and I'll never know when I'll add more or toss one/give one away but since a bottle really does last a year or two on me, I don't think it'll be anytime soon except for a couple of obvious choices. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.