5.01.2016

Life Lately #1

A different kind of post today in my effort to have a bit of a more personal touch on my blog. But this series is more on a little life update and just a few random personal things. These are much more sporadic and irregular than any of my usual offerings.



So if you have noticed a strange influx of posts recently, that is because I have been mostly locked up in my room for a week or more because of *drumroll* CHICKENPOX. Tadahhh the world has awarded me with something I really should have gotten a long time ago.  I've developed  a fever on a Wednesday and I realized it was chickenpox when I discovered blister like papules on my shoulder and back. I went to my workplace and got an emergency absence for a week and picked up my prescription as well. But I didn't pick up any soothing creams or lotions like a Calamine lotion.

The itching can turn from mundane to agonizing. And I have just been taking a lot of oatmeal baths to soothe the inflammation and itching. 

I was vaccinated when I was a child but the immunization has its limits and with some stressful events surrounding me in the past few weeks, I believe my body had reached a its limit. I'm just basically waiting for these sores to crust over. I know that sounds really disgusting but it's all about the healing process.

Right now I'm already convalescing happily with lots of Hot Chocolate and intermittently watching Mad Men and my current favorite local satirical news show, Kontrabando. 




No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.