5.20.2016

The Lip Collection

It's been ages since the last post so I suppose I'll have to make up for that with a more heavy composition. And I can say with confidence that this was the most time consuming roundup but certainly the least boring. And I think that as a makeup enthusiast, lipsticks are definitely that beauty product that you can really say that "Before I knew it I had 20." It seems that every few months or weeks that the number balloons.



So I have about 25 lipsticks but not all are in active rotation, sadly. And I think I have a couple here that are nearing their limit at 2 years old. But besides that, I'm pretty happy with my collection, they're like a family. And I sadly ran out of the Etude House Lip liners, a short-lived romance but nothing a visit to Etude House can change. No lip balms here as I only have one, as listed in my Skincare Routine 2015 post, I only have the Nivea Lip Butter in raspberry. So without further ado, meet the family!



Reds

Long time readers of this blog probably have an inkling that I go for MLBB colors so it's not surprising that I only have 4 red lipsticks, all mattes. Though an occasional wild side does surface.


Happy Skin Shut up and Kiss me Lippie in Sunset Kiss - a gorgeous Orange hued red which is unfortunately limited edition from their Summer 2014 collection
MAC Ruby Woo - One of the most popular lipsticks in the world, the red that just suits all. Truly matte and dramatic. It's a blue based red but it works on everyone! Don't believe me? Check out Justin Bieber's Sorry Music video, this is the shade on all the dancers' lips.
Etude House Vivid Popstick -  I can't read the shade or number on this thing, but it's a matte red but it's slightly pinky. It's more like a comical red, like red chalk in a sense that it has a white base making it look like a pastel like finish.
Carmen Claire Matte Lipstick in Shirley Temple -  A dusty red is how I would describe it as it has more of a brownish base color which makes it look warmer but not as strong as other red lipsticks go. I find this to be a very classy shade of red.


Pinks

Pinks were my jam before I discovered the almighty MLBB. My preference for pinks range from bold to subtle so this might be a more rocky road like spectrum of assortments.


Happy Skin Lip and Cheek Mousse in Swept off my feet - A lovely warm pink that looks subtle but the pigment is there. The texture is incredible on these Happy Skin Mousses ny the way. 
Etude House Color Lips Fit PK002  - A strong cool matte pink liquid lipstick of sorts in my attempt to be more bold.
Etude House Color Lips Fit PK003 - A warm orangey pink that makes me get into a more summer funky feel.
Mary Kay Lipstick in Dusty Rose - A sheer pink with a very slight frosty finish. Very moisturizing and also subtly pretty.
Etude House Liquid Color Lips in PK003 - Another bold pink which I bought to compare to the same shade in the matte Color Lips Fit. It is still cool toned and much more pigmented since it doesn't have a white base.
Etude House Liquid Color Lips in PK008 - Very similar to EH LCL PK003 but a touch lighter and warmer.
MAC Pink Nouveau - A blue based light pink which reminds me of Nicki Minaj, not a shade I'd go for now as I think it makes my teeth look yellow by contrast.
MAC Chatterbox - A vibrant opaque pink that is beautiful on lips (as seen here). Slightly cool toned but it leans more on the neutral side as it suits many skin tones
Happy Skin Shut up and Kiss me Lippie in Bride To Be - A pink that is a touch warmer than Chatterbox.
Happy Skin Shut up and Kiss me Lippie in Hold My Hand -  One of my personal favorites as it is not a conventional pink, sort of reddish and warm, it gives life to lips but definitely in a unique way.
Etude House Vivid Pop Stick in a peachy pink shade - An opaque peachy pink that has a white base that makes it look pastel-like. 


MLBB's

My never-ending obsession. The almighty My Lips But Better's! MLBB shades tend to go broad as of course it depends on the color of your lips so it is a matter of suitability. These are shades that may not necessarily be considered MLBB for some, but I grouped these into my own MLBB category but they are as assortment of nudish, brownish and pinkish shades.



Maybelline Matte Velvet 12 - A pinky nude shade that applies, true to its name, velvet. It appears nude when applied to deeper skin tones.

MAC Faux -  A cool toned mauvey nude that suits deeper skin tones. Great in partner with warm toned eyes as it provides great contrast but might make paler skins look unwell, at least in my experience.
Colourette Cosmetics Bethany - At first I thought this was similar to MAC Faux but based on the swatches it is warmer and deeper making it far more accessible to a wider variety of skin tones. This is a brownish light mauve color which the creators describe as "caramel".
Colourette Cosmetics Sahara -  A warm deep peach that looks wonderful on lips. Definitely a recommend to everyone out there.
Carmen Claire Roses on Raindrops - A deep matte browny pink that looks posh but really affordable, great for anywhere and everywhere.
Happy Skin  Lip and Cheek Mousse in Warm and Toasty - A warm nude that isn't deadening on the lips. It just has the right balance to the warmth and the nude shade.
Happy Skin Shut up and Kiss me Lippie in Under the Sheets - A deep brownish pink which is more on the sheerer side of things. A recommended nudy brown shade with just enough pink for an "almost no lipstick" look.
Happy Skin Shut up and Kiss me Lippie in Honeymoon Glow - A warm terracota browny pink that can be a bit strong for some but can be sheered out. Perfect for the summer as it goes great with bronzed skin.
Pink Sugar Sugar tint in Queen Bee - The deepest of the shades, a very strong mauvey shade but not bold and it somehow works out as a MLBB. Intense pigment and very matte formula.

And I think I've ran out of good adjectives to describe all the shades, so apologies if they're all too redundant. But I hope the swatches will give you more insight on the color. And I think I'll need to double time on my post writing now. Thank you for reading and see you next post.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.