5.22.2016

Brand Chat: Innisfree Capsule Reviews

A bit of a new corner here called Brand Chat, which basically can mean an extensive talk on one brand and their products, my personal experience with them and what I expect and think of them with the products I have in my arsenal. And kicking this off is the Korean beauty brand, Innisfree.




Innisfree has made its mark as truly coming from natural ingredients from Jeju with Korea beauty enthusiasts. Several of their products have had wide acclaim and has went through various famous endorsers like Lee Min Ho, certain SNSD members like YoonA.

There is one sad thing about it though... It's not readily available in the Philippines. You'd need to get through specialty shops or through pre-ordering online. And so far that is the only let down I've encountered.

I have three products with me, all of which I picked up on the same day.

  1. No Sebum Powder - I think this is world famous, and I’m not surprised that people have come to know Innisfree just through this. This is an ultra finely milled setting powder that just sets everything with perfection. It has a fresh “minty?” scent which I don’t mind. This has been compared to the Makeup Forever HD setting powder. You’ll instantly feel the difference when you apply this as it literally makes skin feel so smooth and matte, as if it automatically dries out oils. And tearfully it comes in such a small size, so you’ll have to hoard if you want more. The oil control on this thing is pretty good too, going for around 5-6 hours.
  2. Green Tea Cleansing Foam - A creamy foam cleanser with the scent of green tea, it’s an ok cleanser. Not particularly amazing but I find that it gives a more comfortable feeling than other drying foam cleansers.
  3. The minimum Toner - This is part of their minimum line which pledges to use only 10 ingredients. This is apparently good for one month use but I’ve had it for a couple of months because I have other things on rotation. But I love the spritzer on this, it’s very precise and small, so I think I’d recycle the container for travel. I use this when skin is irritated. It has no scent and I’ve had no reactions to this and I might mistake this for water. It’s nice but I wouldn’t repurchase.

I'm pretty open to trying more of their products as it seems that Koreans trust this brand a lot.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.