5.28.2016

Skin Food Salmon Dark circle Concealer Cream

I’ve gravitated back into the wonderful world of Korean beauty lately and thanks to Shopee, I have my desires sated. And thanks to a little push from a male Filipino YouTuber named Edward Avila in Korea, I had to get this. Though I’ve known about the existence of this little pot years back, I haven’t been convinced to get this back then.


Price: Currently P400+ on Shopee PH
Availability: belaisenares on Shopee PH

Edward said this is his favorite under eye concealer and though I know Skinfood is sold here, however it’s grossly overpriced. So I got it from Shopee on sale at around P385 at that time.


So why did I pick this up when I already have a great combo of the Happy Skin corrector and the Estee Lauder Under eye concealer going on? Well to be honest it’s to save time. I find that blending corrector and concealer in the morning is just another couple of minutes. And also that it can get cakey if rushed. So why don’t I just get a salmon colored concealer for a one stop shop? And here was the answer.

It comes in a little glass pot with a coppery lid. You’d think this would be thick under the eyes especially when it’s a cream. It’s actually a very thin consistency which can be blended in a few pats of a finger. It can’t get cakey so far. In fact it basically declares it won’t get cakey even after several layers.

It’s definitely got a salmon-y tinge to it and it has a strange smell which I can’t put into words but I’m quite fine with. It goes on nicely and one can really see how brightening it can be. Of course that is depending on how severe your under eye discoloration is. As of the moment I find my dark circles have improved now that I have a regular day job than when I had the regular night shift job at a hospital. 

Bare Under-eyes

Applied under left eye but unblended 
Applied under both eyes and blended

I’m pretty satisfied with how it covers and corrects with one swipe but that is really what it’s good for. It can’t do anything for blemishes and you might find it too sheer for that. And remember that it is buildable so one can easy layer it on, but it's no NARS or Estee Lauder concealer, it's affordable and decent and I love it, because anything brightening is something I definitely need in the under eye area.

And apologies for the Resting Bitch Glare here, my eyes seem to be so dull like a fish's sometimes.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.