5.10.2016

Makeup Melange #8: Post Chickenpox face



It's been a week of suffering from chickenpox and it has suddenly made me want to wear more makeup because I miss it and I have a few spots that I need to cover thanks to lack of sleep due to sticking to the strict schedule of my medications.




BASE


Needing some help in the coverage area on my lower left cheek and a noticeable healing scar on my nose, but not wanting it to be too matte and obviously made up in the skin department, I opted for the Laura Mercier Radiance Primer for some subtle sheen but noticeable enough under a more matte and heavier coverage foundation like the Estee Lauder Double Wear in 2W1 Sand. Didn't need concealer this time around since a layer of the ELDW foundation is pretty much enough but I do need some under the eyes, like the newcomer in my stash, the Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer cream. I set it all with the Innisfree No Sebum powder.

CHEEKS

I used the trusty Happy Skin Sculptacular Palette Contour shade which somehow never really hits pan, to do some contouring. Then I highlighted using the Mary Lou-Manizer in the Manizer sisters from the Balm. Then for the blush, which I am going crazy obsessed with at the moment is the Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Nude Mauve which I must say may be called  the "anti-blush". 



EYES
For the brows I used 2 eyeshadows, a dark brown to outline the shape of the arches and sparse areas (Tartelette Dreamer) and a lighter brown shadow to fill in the brow's entirety (Tartelette Wanderer).

I bought an eye primer from Etude House that I'm just really enjoy testing out. I put on a wash of mauve (Tartelette Natural Beauty) and used my a bit of Mary Lou-Manizer for a slight sparkle. And since I think I have been neglecting my In2it liner, I vowed to use it for a whole month. And on my lashes is the Maybelline Falsies Mascara.

LIPS
On the lips is the new Pink Sugar Sugar Tint shade called Queen bee, a very deep matte browny pink, but be advised, one should use a lip balm underneath.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.