3.16.2016

The Eyeshadow Palette Roundup

I don't think this would even count as a collection. I have so very few palettes but they have served me well. So here's a little walk through on each of them.



TARTE TARTELETE PALETTE



The Tartelette palette has been almost always present in my makeup melange posts, it must look frankly sickening. But it is so versatile for me, I have always been a matte kinda girl. Since I really like defining the crease and highlighting under the brows. They are just so multi-functional. Why the Tartelette? Because it's actually quite difficult to get a hold of any good matte palettes which colors are all up my alley. Neutrals are my jam. I wouldn't buy a loud eyeshadow without picturing three different looks I could use it for. That sounds quite fashion-y but it's true. 

This is on the cool side but I don't mind. I could have gotten the Urban decay Naked Basics if I wanted to but honestly the packaging played a part in its choosing and the fact that there are more colors. It can go a bit powdery but it's workable. A lot of people have been on the fence with this but I personally like it and I think it will last for ages since I barely made a dent after a year of it in my hands.

My most used colors:
  • Natural Beauty - A light mauvey shade for the crease
  • Wanderer - A slightly warm mid-toned brown for crease or brows
  • Dreamer - A dark brown for the brows or crease
  • Free Spirit - For highlighting the inner corners or under the brows
But I do use all the colors when I play up my look. I love the last column for liners, Bombshell and Fashionista has been used a plenty as my eyeliners. And Best Friend, the playful violet has occasionally been used for a purple smokey eye.

HAPPY SKIN EYES ON ME EYESHADOW PALETTE


My only quad. With a  few but good colors, this is most likely the eyeshadow palette I'd bring with me when I travel but I'd have to take a brow powder with me. Basically I love all the shadows except Biscuit which is a sheer pink but basically does nothing for me. I don't know what its purpose is. But maybe it could've been a more opaque matte light brown. But the rest are really good. Fine shimmer, buttery, and pigmented. Seriously Biscuit is the only shade pulling this down.

My most used colors:
  • Oatmeal - A gorgeous shimmery champagne for allover the lid
  • Hazelnut - A rich shimmery brown 

THE BALM NUDE TUDE PALETTE

My first ~ReAL~ eyeshadow palette. The Nude Tude has a wide variety of neutrals. And the shimmery shades on this palette just rock. They rock hard. The shades can literally go for pretty natural nymphet to hard core rock grunge girl. They have actually set my eyeshadow standards pretty high. All the shades give amazing pay-off and you'll basically find some way to use all the shades so you get a real bang for your buck.

I always look to TheBalm for amazing pigmented products and they never disappoint. I should really even write up a collection just due to the sheer number of the products I have in my arsenal. 


My most used colors:

I'd like to say I use them all but my really most used are as follows...
  • Stand-offish - A pinkish shimmer shade, very similar to their Loumanizer highlighters
  • Stubborn - A finely milled shimmer shade
  • Sultry -  A plain matte brown
  • Selfish - An almost duo-chrome shimmer greyish taupe
  • Seductive - A warm brown with fine gold shimmer
  • Sexy -  A deep matte maroon brown
  • Sleek - An off-black matte shade
And I basically almost listed every shade.


So this has been my short tour on my eyeshadow palette collection, I hope to do more "tours" on my makeup collection soon, and if you have any palette recommendations, please comment below so I can check them out!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.