3.08.2016

22

I apologize in advance for a barrage of birthday posts on the blog. But yesterday, March 7 was my birthday and I am officially 22. And still dazed, confused and overall lost in life.





This is going to be a bit of a reflection  on my life, nothing too emotional but a tad more personal than before.  At times I feel far too young, at times I feel far too old. Age truly is a state of mind. And they always said youth is wasted on the young. 

Of course at this age I don't expect to find myself or really figure out what my purpose is on earth. I'm probably a whiny spoilt millenial to my elders. I'm immature, plainly put. But I'm willing to work and grow. Ever since I graduated I find "the real world" or becoming a working member of society to be a continually humbling experience. I've realized how pampered I was in college, filled with ideals and completely clueless on so many things. 

I'm 22 and  I still don't have a proper savings account. I'm 22 and I still don't know where I am. I'm 22 and I still wanna roll in bed and watch anime all day. I'm 22 and I'm still not living in my own place. I'm 22 and I want so many things. 

But I am content. I'm happier now than I was a year ago at least, when I was still adjusting. Waking up each morning and going to work, sighing in relief when Friday hits and groaning on Sunday night and the cycle repeats. Waiting for my paycheck, spending every last penny of it. I'm not completely responsible. But I'm getting there. I'm getting there...




No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.