3.26.2016

Oil Control Aces

Maybe some of you don't know but I have extremely oily skin. I have never really thought that the T-zone was especially oily because I'm just oily all-over. So if you are one of my kind, you should have also understood the many struggles of the condition. But after a few years of things that could accommodate my skin type, I've discovered a few gems in the pile that truly truly work for the oil rig that is my face.





The Body Shop Instablur is a dense silicone based primer that just works miracles for those with rough and visible pores (I raise my hand here in contempt). It might go a bit heavy on skin but it delivers. And it really does help with oil as I find myself less oily in a few hours than usual. So basically if you need a solid primer for special events, this could be up your alley but the consistency is very different from the ELF Primer and the Maybelline Baby Skin Primer.

Whilst the Sunkiller Base is another different being to the Instablur. It's a thick but blendable sun cream and you can really feel that it packs a punch to oil on your skin as it dries matte and you just forget about it for hours and then realize, oil has yet to make an appearance on ze face. No white cast here and you really get what you pay for. This is perfect for outdoor activities, looong days at work, the beach, pretty much anywhere you need it.

Ahh the Mary Kay Finishing Spray, light, portable and easy and sprays never really worked for me until I started using them before makeup. That's right. Sprays never worked for me, in fact they contributed to the faster breakdown of any base products. But when used as a priming spray, they work. They really do.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, I think everyone already knows all about this cult favorite and one of the ultimate foundations to ever walk the earth when it comes to oil control. It talks the talk and walks the walk, nearly 15 hours of oil-control, still looks good on skin and when you do finally oil up, you just look "glowy". But it is really a foundation. Coverage is buildable and can look seamless when blended but some might not be too happy with what other refer to as "paint in a bottle".

Translucent Powder should have been in my life years ago. Not just the Innisfree one as I'm still testing this out but fine translucent powder, is a godsend. Makeup doesn't look cakey and looks natural when set and no need to worry about over powdering when touching up since it's translucent baby! I love a number of variants which I unfortunately run out of but I noticed that each one seemed to work for me every time hence the general term I used here.

Clean & Clear Blotting Sheets are always in my bag, and they'll there until they run out. I personally hate bringing powder around to touch up. That's why I only bring lipstick, concealer and this. Let's face it, if your powder isn't something like Mac's Blot powder, and more of a powder foundation, it's cake time. And I hate sponges that come with them. So blotting sheets have been the answer. They absorb oil instantly and discreetly if managed properly and you're not caking your face again!

Anyone else have any oil control aces out there? Would love to hear some in the comments section!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.