4.24.2016

Makeup Melange #7 Grey Eyes, Sans Foundation

Sans Foundation - sounds brave coming from someone who still has strange bouts of allergies. But that's what happens when you're having super kind skin lately.

My face might look a tad lighter than my neck in the photos but it's not as ashy in real life.

BASE

What does one do when one has an extra good skin day? Take advantage and go foundation free and slather glow inducing products! For the primer, I used the Etude House Face Blur for a brightened look and just some of the Happy Skin Eye Need a Miracle Corrector under the eyes.Then a very rarely seen guest makes an appearance, the Guerlain Meteorites in Blanc de Perle to set my makeup. It's very shimmery but a refined diffused shimmer. It doesn't have any coverage or oil control properties whatsoever but it gives a glorious radiance. I rarely use this but if I do want to, for longevity purposes, I would set my face with translucent powder then go over it with the meteorites. 



CHEEKS


I took a few swipes of the Snoe Slim Shade Me, for some subtle sculpting, then a very light dusting of the Balm Instain blush in Lace to create a nice flush.

EYES

My brows were defined with a brown shadow and a few strokes of the Jazzy Coopr brow gel to lighten them. 

I think I mentioned that I was getting interested in grey shadows on my eyes lately,  as it really brings out the brown in my eyes. I took Selfish from the balm, a taupish grey that has fine silver shimmer on the lid and defined the crease slightly with Power Player from the Tartelette Palette. 

And the newest addition of eyeliner in my stash, the Maybelline Power Black Eyeliner is amazing, because I have no words for it except that, it has a shorter nib but it's true power is the adhesion and longevity on the lids. I tested it on my eyes at the makeup counter when it first released and had a very long night afterwards, but I basically fell asleep with my makeup on (gasp) and when I woke up the next morning, it was intact, in all its glory, it was still as fresh as I put it on from the previous evening. So it definitely deserves the word Power in its name.

And I did few coats of the Maybelline falsies on my lashes,



LIPS


I went for a safer color on my lips that would balance out the coolness of my eyes, so I went for one of my most used lip colors, the Happy Skin Under the sheets Lippie which is a browny pink but somehow translates to reddish on camera. And apologies for my lips in the photo as they're looking a bit parched. 

I think you might be seeing more grey looks in the future as I am just coming to see how much I love the color grey recently. And till the next Makeup Melange. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.