4.28.2016

The Blush Roundup

I remember when I used to despise blushers. I was completely off track. And seeing how big of a difference they contribute to an overall look, they have become quite an essential in my books.


I only have a small number of blushes in my collection and if you read my previous roundups, I think you have an inkling that my makeup collection isn't that numerous.  For the most part that I'd like to have a realistic number on rotation that I can hit pan on. But I'm not immune to the occasional dark impulses from sales, if you've seen blushers featured here before this roundup, those blushers in question have either retired or given away to family and friends. 



Most of my blushes are powder and matte, great for oilier skinned girls as they tend to last long but I love a good glowing shimmery blush as well. 

The Balm Instain Blush in Argyle - A pretty matte pink which is is lovely on fair skin It takes a swipe or two from the pan to get a pretty flushed look.

The Balm Instain Blush in Lace - A cool toned matte strong pink which needs but one tap of the brush to get enough pigment on the cheeks.

Snoe SABSTANCE Blush in X8 Love - A matte purplish cool toned pink which seems to enliven the cheeks. Great pigmentation but be warned that the formulation is a bit too powdery.

Maxfactor Creme Puff Blush in Seductive Pink - A beautiful finely shimmered pink blush with purple shimmer flecks all over. It translates to a glowy flush on cheeks that has been compared to the Hourglass blush numerous times.

NARS Orgasm Blush - The only high end blush on board, a cult favorite that is said to mimic the afterglow of an orgasm. It's a sheer pink with noticeable gold shimmer flecks. I occasionally use it but when I hit pan I doubt I'll be repurchasing.

Pink Sugar HD Cheek Color Blush in Summer Nights - A true matte peach blush which is perfect to use when you plan to do a more bronzed makeup look. 

Luckily most of these  I can easily get my hands on, but I am always in the market for suggestions especially for shades that aren't similar to the ones I have now.






No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.